advantage ford, stuart florida disaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy to Cayenne is a bizarre migration path. Two different categories, IMO.

I think I would have invested differently. Maybe a new Escalade as they are in the same class.

Personally, I would take a Urus over the Cayenne, but maybe that is just me.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You found a dealership policy on employees not speeding interesting, huh?

The service manager might not have been as eloquent as you'd liked, but first-time truck & full-sized SUV owners commonly complain about ride quality. It sounds foreign to those of us who have owned multiple SUVs, but it is a thing. As common as fuel economy complaining.

In the early 90's my dad bought a new Lexus sedan and routinely complained to the dealer and anyone that would listen that he couldn't hear it running. For months he'd leave the door open while starting it, then rev it, then close the door, satisfied that it was in fact running. We couldn't get him to trust the tach. I cringe thinking back at how annoyed the dealership must have been with this old dude complaining. The "perfect" Jag he had before would send a silent shockwave thru the passenger compartment confirming ignition and combustion had commenced.

Last edited:

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow. They rebalanced the tires during a tire rotation? Never had that done before.

And, the used 2014 Expedition EL we bought last summer continues to amaze us with it's comfortable smooth ride. I've had one full sized Chevy SUV, one full sized Ford PU and still have a full sized Chevy PU. None of those three ride as smooth and quiet as the big Expedition.

If yours was smooth before the screwed it up they need to come clean about what they did to screw it up.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
I recently started dating an instagram model.. and I absolutely loved her. Up until the first time I told her it was her turn to arrange dinner. Would you believe she ordered Uber Eats from Chipotle? First time, they forgot the guacamole. I told her we can't have gluten free burrito bowels without guacamole so I made her order it again. Next time, she ordered the guacamole but then forgot to get me pinto beans and got me black beans instead! Needless to say, I had to dump her and I'm now engaged to Elizabeth Hurley. Much happier!

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your first and only post trashes the Expedition and tells us all how you traded it in for a vehicle of a completely different class and caliber? Sounds like a troll to me.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think his point was he loved the truck hated the dealer which prompted him to switch brands all together. Since you got a cayenne, look at the nav for your 4x4 needs. Lincoln service seems to be a bit better off than ford service.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
I think his point was he loved the truck hated the dealer which prompted him to switch brands all together. Since you got a cayenne, look at the nav for your 4x4 needs. Lincoln service seems to be a bit better off than ford service.

For somebody who currently has a fleet of more than ten vehicles, I would think he'd be quite knowledgeable about the differences in experience from dealer to dealer and would be able to try a different one in the area if he really loved the truck.

Redstripe19

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy to Cayenne is a bizarre migration path. Two different categories, IMO.

I think I would have invested differently. Maybe a new Escalade as they are in the same class.

Personally, I would take a Urus over the Cayenne, but maybe that is just me.

Some dealers really do suck.

Personally, I would take a Levante over a Urus or Cayenne. In fact that's what I'll get as soon as the ashtray fills up on this Expedition

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i always find it funny that someone comes here, bashes our Expedition and tells us he got another brand, what is he trying to accomplish? Probably switched to a Kia Sportage.:Big Laugh: