Advice Wanted: Having an Expedition Checked Out at the Local Ford Dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you get your codes read at Autozone for free? Also, don't they have some code readers for like 30 bucks? Or are they cheap for a reason?

PaisanNYC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this one also liniked above:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EVWDAK/002-2857874-6955265

Bought it from Amazon direct (not one of their 3rd party sellers) for $94.99, but they jacked it back up to $126.99 direct from Amazon. The picture is wrong also. The picture shows a screen that only shows numeric codes. The one I received had a full alphanumeric screen with general definitions of the code right on the screen also.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
Can't you get your codes read at Autozone for free? Also, don't they have some code readers for like 30 bucks? Or are they cheap for a reason?

Yes, some places like Wal-Mart sell them for 30 bucks but all they are good for is just the code... those code readers dont have the definitions of the codes, they just throw out a code and then you have to find out what it is.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lakmflx
Yes, some places like Wal-Mart sell them for 30 bucks but all they are good for is just the code... those code readers dont have the definitions of the codes, they just throw out a code and then you have to find out what it is.

Ok, gotcha. I always thought they had some sort of pamphlet that told you what the code meant. But then that you be a huge pamphlet :D