aFe Stage 2 Intake Installed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
T

That’s next on my purchase list. Probably just a performance and economy tune

I gave up on ‘economy’ tunes a long time ago when I discovered no noticeable difference in actual economy whether running 87 Eco or 93 Perf tunes in my F-150s. If my tuner didn’t come with three tunes, I wouldn’t have an Eco tune at all. Only tune I truly miss is my 93 Race tune from my Coyote-powered truck.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for my 5 Star tunes since the 10th. They finally send them to me yesterday and when I go to upload them to the tuner I get an error saying they’re for a different device. Now I’m back to waiting. Not happy to say the least

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thts ok buddy, I’m 27 and make enough money to afford my almost fully loaded (no rear air suspension and 22s) tri coat white Platinum EL. Running full LED conversion, 3/2 Readylift suspension kit, aftermarket air intake system, 5 star tune on 35s. You have fun with your new car, bud.:High 5:

T

That’s next on my purchase list. Probably just a performance and economy tune

hhhhmmmmm!!!!!!!

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
63C6F3B0-1DB5-48DD-B748-C6693D0321A3.jpeg 9C85D5A5-15D6-46C0-AE1D-63CBDAD24A45.jpeg 8AFAA001-3215-4B2A-B38D-F2F97E5A9B00.jpeg
Finally got around to fixing this. The front pipe shifted upward when I was putting it into the filter, and was barely even in the coupler. Loosened everything up, pushed everything into place, and tightened it down; no longer hits the hood. In fact, it’s a perfect fit. Modifying the IAT sensor took ten minutes with a mini-hacksaw and some sandpaper, and since a new one is $6.71 shipped, it’s not a big deal if you screw it up.
Did some running around today, and I’m averaging 0.9 MPG higher than I typically do, so I’m calling it a wash. Won’t matter tomorrow when 5 Star sends me my new ‘Performance Plus’ tune.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
View attachment 23336 View attachment 23337 View attachment 23338
Finally got around to fixing this. The front pipe shifted upward when I was putting it into the filter, and was barely even in the coupler. Loosened everything up, pushed everything into place, and tightened it down; no longer hits the hood. In fact, it’s a perfect fit. Modifying the IAT sensor took ten minutes with a mini-hacksaw and some sandpaper, and since a new one is $6.71 shipped, it’s not a big deal if you screw it up.
Did some running around today, and I’m averaging 0.9 MPG higher than I typically do, so I’m calling it a wash. Won’t matter tomorrow when 5 Star sends me my new ‘Performance Plus’ tune.
Looks good! So what year F150 is that actually for?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you able to show exactly what needed to be trimmed on the IAT?
I much prefer this intake to the others available.

OP
OP
AllBoostNoEco

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you able to show exactly what needed to be trimmed on the IAT?
I much prefer this intake to the others available.
2DA9440C-8DCD-4C83-9063-62CEDB4B320B.jpeg
The area I circled in red. I pulled off that o-ring, and made everything roughly the same diameter as where the o-ring sits. That was enough to make it a press-fit into the hole where the 2014 F-150 sensor normally bolts.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder if the F150 IAT has the same connector as the Expedition? And one just get an F150 IAT and not have to trim it.