After market Remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koya

Reaction score
Today while I was getting the diff oil for my 2005, I noticed the replacement casing for the remote. Mine was all beat up, so I got a new one. I also noticed that they can get a new remote but it has to be program. Has anyone got a after market remote and had it programed?

2005exp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Today while I was getting the diff oil for my 2005, I noticed the replacement casing for the remote. Mine was all beat up, so I got a new one. I also noticed that they can get a new remote but it has to be program. Has anyone got a after market remote and had it programed?
Yes....
I got one from one of the local "mobile locksmith" and had it reprogrammed to my truck. Looks like this one. Their prices (dealers, most locksmith services are ) all over the place ranging from 199 to 89 bucks. They did it for 50 bucks out the door including the key and fob. If you bring your own, he won't do it. But he will sell you the key and reprogram all in one for a good price.

Call around.

dadamaja

Reaction score
I got 2 key fobs from off of amazon and had a problem with one but they sent me a replacement, they sent directions on how to program it. Very simple

Sent form my Samsung Galaxy® Note Edge

Last edited:

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 03 didnt come with any key fobs. ordered them off amazon and googled how to program. took me 5 min to program 3 fobs

hendricksen11

Reaction score
I had one off of ebay as our original worked, but was is horrible shape.. new one worked for awhile, but kept draining the batteries. I then went back to original one with new fob's rubber buttons.. except now it just doesn't work at all. I am tempted to just purchase ANOTHER new one, and hope for better results.