aftermarket head unit and stock subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
Hello All

I got a new Pioneer head unit with wiring harnesses and maestro from Crutchfield. They had easy to follow instructions and everything hooked up quickly, however, the stock sub doesn't work with it so I'm trying to figure out how to wire the head unit to the sub's amp for power signal...thanks in advance..

lstrejcek

Reaction score
If you have the Masetro module, you will need the F01 harness as well, to interface between the HU and the Ford wiring harnesses. If you have installed the Maestro using that harness, be sure to set the sub-woofer to on in the Pioneer HU settings. I know for the Pioneer AVIC HU models, you do need to set the sub-woofer setting to on, it's off by default (assuming you have an AVIC model).

OP
OP
Fred Valdez

Fred Valdez

Reaction score
thanks, yes, i do have the maestro and the harness you mentioned...on the hu i have turned on the sub as well as increased the signal...stupid question, hehe, where is the sub located so i can see if it is firing...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pioneer has a function in setup that will kill the rear sub if wrong function is selected...i don't remember which one it is...i had that prob with my Pioneer AVIC-D3 but don't have this issue with my Pioneer 8100NEX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk