Aftermarket head unit for 4th gen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blakwing42

Reaction score
We're considering making the jump to a new Expedition.. Either a Limited/Stealth or a Platinum with all the safety doodads and features as well as HD towing package.

After going to the Chicago Auto show recently we were struck by how awesome the new Ram's are. How good the Volvo's look and other high end infotainment systems in other vehicles. And we can't see how it is that Ford has so completely dropped the ball on this update.

Which brings me to my question.. If we get a fully loaded Expy is there an aftermarket option that retains all of the factory features, towing assist, 360 cam, etc that we could swap in to correct this particular flaw with the Expy?

martin2018

Reaction score
I cannot answer your question if there is an after market unit that retains all functionality and will be better than the factory install. I will say that it does not sound practical to do this. Is it just looks you after ? The sync 3 is very good compared to RAM in my opinion. I have a ram rebel with a new Uconnect and can tell you I find response just a bit slower and just not as slick as the ford. Looks great but after using it for a while it does have its hiccups.

I will say that the ford exp gauge cluster options are lame. There the ram is much better in being able to customize gauges in all manner. the ford menu text tabs feels a bit old. I would have liked to add secondary info gauge options, outside temp etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No there is not.
Starting in 2015 they started integrating so many things into the center stack it is a lot of work.

Send these folks an email showing interest.
http://www.linkswellinc.com/products/t-style-radio/ts-fdpu12-1rr-8-t-style-ford-f-150-12-1-system/

They make one for the F150. I contacted them about the Expedition and they said they had started the research but we’re having difficulty figuring out how to keep control of the rear HVAC and had not gotten enough interest to keep putting resources into the development.
So the more folks emailing with questions may get them back into it.

OP
OP
blakwing42

blakwing42

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping for the long shot of the F150 custom working but that's not looking very promising.

Thanks for the replies.

S13ka24de

Reaction score
No there is not.
Starting in 2015 they started integrating so many things into the center stack it is a lot of work.

Send these folks an email showing interest.
http://www.linkswellinc.com/products/t-style-radio/ts-fdpu12-1rr-8-t-style-ford-f-150-12-1-system/

They make one for the F150. I contacted them about the Expedition and they said they had started the research but we’re having difficulty figuring out how to keep control of the rear HVAC and had not gotten enough interest to keep putting resources into the development.
So the more folks emailing with questions may get them back into it.

This unit looks cool but no howard stern