Aftermarket LED bulbs and factory remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murray978

Reaction score
I just got a 2014 Limited with factory remote start (Series 100). This one replaced a 2002 Mountaineer which made it to 180K miles before the rust came calling. Fantastic ride.

I immediately began to personalize it. Weathertech floor liners. Panavise indash mount, and Ram Mount cell holder. Then I got to LED lights. I replaced all interior lights. It looked great...and then. The remote starter failed. It would go through the normal process and crank a little bit then stop or it would just honk three times (indicating a door is open). There have been other threads describing the voltage draw and the how that trigger works. I won't go into that description.

I narrowed it down to the driver's side map light. I put the original bulb back in that socket and all is well. Yes, I would like to get an LED working in there but I am not willing to splice into the wiring for it.

I hope this helps others.

expy21

Reaction score
Just curious, how did your LED lights turn out? Do they turn all the way off when not in use? I installed them in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and the rear courtesy lights stay on, but very dim at all times while the vehicle is on. I'd love to see pictures if you have them? Were there any in particular that were difficult to install?

OP
OP
M

murray978

Reaction score

satcomtim

Reaction score
So I bought the Amazon LED lights and was able to install all the interior bulbs and remote start works just fine. Only issue I found, if the drivers side lamp light is on then remote start wont work. But I'm not sure of a time when that light would be on and I'd want to use remote start. As long as the lights are off, it works just fine.

Did 5 interior lights, 2 reverse lights and 2 tag lights.

Static54

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Milwaukee WI /Anthem, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI
So I bought the Amazon LED lights and was able to install all the interior bulbs and remote start works just fine. Only issue I found, if the drivers side lamp light is on then remote start wont work. But I'm not sure of a time when that light would be on and I'd want to use remote start. As long as the lights are off, it works just fine.

Did 5 interior lights, 2 reverse lights and 2 tag lights.

Do you have any before and after pics?