Aftermarket Navi/Bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, I have an '05 with factory Navigation and the factory rear seat entertainment. I would like to add Bluetooth capability for the phones, a backup camera with screen, and a way to charge and play from the iPod. BestBuy told me that if I go aftermarket, then I will lose the ability to control the rear seat entertainment. I don't want to lose ANYTHING. I just want to gain things. Any ideas? I am new to audio/visual equipment.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will loose either steering wheel controls or rear entertainment controls. Other than that I would say go Pioneer. I have an 05 and I put in a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and I love it.

jjbusa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well with the pac yoy can keep the steering wheel controls. If your wrencher you can keep the rear tv.ive also ran and extra video cable to the rear tv so the video plays on both. Also there is a conector in the back of the radio that you need to tap an rca connector too and connect it to a video input on the radio. Theres a how to around ill try to look for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

oblivion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
theres no reason to lose either the sttering wheel controls or rear entertainment.

ASWC-1 will work great for the steering wheel controls.

As for the rar entertainment, just get something that has a video/audio out, or even better the ability to do Dual Zone entertainment. After that its pretty easy to get it going. The only hard part is the audio side of the rear zone. I am not sure about the stock headphones. All depends on how they get signal to them. Shouldnt be too hard, you'll just have to pull it apparet to find out.

Reginald

Reaction score
It can be done, my audio guy made a harness for the rear system. I have avic 930 bt.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt