Aftermarket Rear Media

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadsanchez

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 21’ XLT MAX and I am investigating adding the rear media screens … has anyone done this?

MikePA

Reaction score
I really like these from Amazon. ~ $250. The included mounts fit my 21 XLT front headrests, and they disconnect easily for more room. Still working on the best way to manage the power cables. Haven't been able to fish them through the seats properly, but didn't spend much time on it yet either. I like that they support separate DVDs and SD cards, and will play movie files of various types.

NAVISKAUTO 10.1" Dual Car DVD Players with HDMI Input 2 Headphones Mounting Bracket Support 1080P MP4 Video Region Free(2 x Headrest DVD Players)​

Naviskauto 10.1" Dual Screens

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really like these from Amazon. ~ $250. The included mounts fit my 21 XLT front headrests, and they disconnect easily for more room. Still working on the best way to manage the power cables. Haven't been able to fish them through the seats properly, but didn't spend much time on it yet either. I like that they support separate DVDs and SD cards, and will play movie files of various types.

NAVISKAUTO 10.1" Dual Car DVD Players with HDMI Input 2 Headphones Mounting Bracket Support 1080P MP4 Video Region Free(2 x Headrest DVD Players)​

Naviskauto 10.1" Dual Screens

I had those.

I upgraded to these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PPXD55...c_JHG6GC5N8ECWVK4J0DYB?tag=expeditionforum-20
as they allow full streaming on both sets and provide an app to control them from a phone, i.e. in the front seat.

You may read through any of these threads as this has been hashed just about to death:

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had those.

I upgraded to these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PPXD55...c_JHG6GC5N8ECWVK4J0DYB?tag=expeditionforum-20
as they allow full streaming on both sets and provide an app to control them from a phone, i.e. in the front seat.

You may read through any of these threads as this has been hashed just about to death:

Interesting that Ford doesn't upgrade the RES to the Voxx units that you are using since Voxx is the OEM supplier for the Ford RES.

OP
OP
C

chadsanchez

Reaction score
Can I get photos of how people ran their power source from screens to power outlet?

Last edited: