Rear Seat Entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flexpy19

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but the passenger side of my Expedition RSE system is not working. It sometimes does not turn on. Other times it will turn on, but the screen will roll or look scrambled. I have tried on multiple occasions to take it into my dealer for service, but the RSE manufacturer is another company (VOXX?) and my dealers' service team is unable to fix. I have asked the Ford service department to fix the system or replace it, but I have not been provided an answer as to what it will take to remedy the problem, other than Ford doesn't produce the unit and it is not an easy fix. I elevated the problem up to Ford "SUV Team" and they had provided me some type of priority code to give to my service team to get this fixed last year, yet after several attempts it doesn't seem to be able to be repaired. The vendor does not seem to want to send a replacement to the dealer. The dealer indicates that the vendor is trying to have the Ford technicians repair it, and the repair technicians are unable to find the problem. The vehicle has been sitting at the dealership for the past several days. Other than this issue I love my Expedition, hoping they can get this fixed.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was the only feature I didn't get and one I really wanted for the kids, but for $2k I figured I could buy some really nice tablet based systems.

Sorry you're experiencing the issues and the ****** service. Happening a lot lately. Just out of curiosity, have you tried unplugging all of the harnesses under the seat and plugging them back in? If it's intermittent it feels like possibly a connection issue, a crimped wire or loom, etc. Does it happen regardless of what position the seat is in (forward, back, up and down)? Especially since it's not happening to the other side, it's not going to be a control module issue. Also, I think the system is connected to the controls in the center console, could also try removing the control bezel and checking all connections in there.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my MIL’s Navi the passenger one was doing the same thing. If the power light lights up a reset may work. It didn’t seem to help hers after the first time, but I reset it 3 times and haven’t had an issue in a good while.

Just hold the power button down on the DRIVER side monitor until it restarts and then see if it works. Passenger side is just a monitor connected to the driver one. The “brains” of the RSE are on the driver unit.

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The aftermarket set up is much better. I have WiFi TVs in mine and they have been great so far. They were 1/4 the price of factory and came with BT headphones and headrest mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue, but the passenger side of my Expedition RSE system is not working. It sometimes does not turn on. Other times it will turn on, but the screen will roll or look scrambled. I have tried on multiple occasions to take it into my dealer for service, but the RSE manufacturer is another company (VOXX?) and my dealers' service team is unable to fix. I have asked the Ford service department to fix the system or replace it, but I have not been provided an answer as to what it will take to remedy the problem, other than Ford doesn't produce the unit and it is not an easy fix. I elevated the problem up to Ford "SUV Team" and they had provided me some type of priority code to give to my service team to get this fixed last year, yet after several attempts it doesn't seem to be able to be repaired. The vendor does not seem to want to send a replacement to the dealer. The dealer indicates that the vendor is trying to have the Ford technicians repair it, and the repair technicians are unable to find the problem. The vehicle has been sitting at the dealership for the past several days. Other than this issue I love my Expedition, hoping they can get this fixed.

BTW, who is the "SUV Team". I've been trying to work with Ford customer care on the rattling turbo issue for about 6 months now, still nowhere...They don't seem very eager to get anything done. curious if that team is any different. My state AG's office says it might be time to write to the board of directors at Ford, since my letter to Ford (they only accept snail mail letters, lol) has gone unanswered for about 6 weeks now.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Opinion Alert - Don’t get your ******* in a wad!

Aftemarket is absolutely the way to go. I got a VOXX system for $1500 installed and it has full streaming capability, i can control each tv from my phone and they come with an FM transmitter and BT headphones. The factory RSE is a big whiff in these vehicles.

(Yes, I know this is in no way helpful for the OP, but maybe someone else considering an Expi will read this thread and make the (correct) decision to forego the factory setup and go aftermarket).

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Opinion Alert - Don’t get your ******* in a wad!

Aftemarket is absolutely the way to go. I got a VOXX system for $1500 installed and it has full streaming capability, i can control each tv from my phone and they come with an FM transmitter and BT headphones. The factory RSE is a big whiff in these vehicles.

(Yes, I know this is in no way helpful for the OP, but maybe someone else considering an Expi will read this thread and make the (correct) decision to forego the factory setup and go aftermarket).

That's super helpful feedback! No wad here, at least not from that :)

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Big H

Full Access Members
Reaction score