Rear seat entertainment ok or a bust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Read a bunch of reviews talking about the rear seat entertainment in the navigator being pretty bad. Is it the same in the expedition? Any opinions on it?

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No idea built in entertainment is 1990’s

Modern tech is tablets err Ipad. Don’t waste your money on ancient tech.

Meh. Sometimes I’d rather just throw in a scratched up dvd on repeat than deal with clipping in the tablets, making sure they are charged, dealing with the kids losing wifi, one of them forgetting their headphones and blaring their tablet blah blah blah.

I have rear seat screens now and tablets. Kids end up using both on long trips.

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put my kids in charge of loading netflix and bringing them. If its forgotten not my problem lol

Headphones too

Rad!

Anyone have actual experience with the latest Lincoln play system?

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The RES in my 2018 is disappointing.
The screens themselves are of decent quality. Picture is fine.
However, it is inexcusable to not be able to play Blu-ray discs (and only one headrest has a disc slot)
And it is inexcusable to have no physical connection for audio / video between the RES and the Sync system up front. This, especially, I just can’t understand in an $80k + road trip machine.

Unlike dozens of other SUVs and minivans on the road, the only way to listen to the movie via the sound system is to find the RES players as a Bluetooth audio source. And then once you can hear the audio, you get to play around with settings in the RES to try and insert the right amount of audio delay to synchronize the audio with the video.
Oh, and seeing video up front is not an option—even parked in your driveway.

Big disappointment, and Ford should be ashamed.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The issue is that zero money is being invested in this old technology. I’m actually surprised its even offered. As for front seat viewers that’s illegal pretty much across the entire US

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lincoln play systems do not have a DVD player. So you need to put videos on a thumb drive or SD card. There is streaming from your phone to the screen and a HDMI input. So for $1800.00 you are still working with the same problems as an iPad or tablet. iPads and AirPods are a way better investment IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lincoln play systems do not have a DVD player. So you need to put videos on a thumb drive or SD card. There is streaming from your phone to the screen and a HDMI input. So for $1800.00 you are still working with the same problems as an iPad or tablet. iPads and AirPods are a way better investment IMO.

Wow that’s insane lol. You mean they aren’t even wired to a DVD player in the dash??

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No dvd or blue ray anywhere in the car. And only the screen behind the drivers seat has any inputs. It does share them with the passenger seat.