Aftermarket Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDM396

Reaction score
Hello all, been lurking for a bit and finally traded in my 2018 f150 for a 2019 Exp Limited as we needed a 3rd row vehicle. I had the Fox 2.0s on my F150 and it made a huge difference over stock. Can't seem to find a part number for Expeditions for Foxs? Anyone done these or 5100s?

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can run F150 Fox 2.0s on the front but will have to run Bilsteins on the rear or a spacer with some other shock if you want 2” of lift.
If you want all 4 to match you’ll have to spend the big coin in ICONS. Unless you are good with under 2” of lift from the Bilsteins.

Granted I have a ‘16 but have F150 5100s set to 2” up front and 4600s with a 2” Readylift spacer on the rear.

Factory UCAs hit the coil at full droop. I bought BDS UCAs hoping to fix the issue but they are made specifically for Fox 2.0s and still had contact.
I now have Fox 2.0s waiting to be put on. But it has rained or been below freezing every day I have had off since I bought them in November.
I am guessing I’ll fork over the coin to put the ICONS on the rear someday.

2018expyXLT4wd

Reaction score
I replaced my stock OEM "leakers" on my '18 XLT with KYB Excel-Gs in the rear and Bilstein 5100s up front -- great ride, no more drifting.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does your truck have CCD?

Anyone know if the Icons will work with trucks that have CCD? Does anyone make shock replicators to make the system think there are still CCD shocks installed? Or can we stop the truck from looking for them with ForScan? Anyone replace their CCD shocks with something different?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does your truck have CCD?

Anyone know if the Icons will work with trucks that have CCD? Does anyone make shock replicators to make the system think there are still CCD shocks installed? Or can we stop the truck from looking for them with ForScan? Anyone replace their CCD shocks with something different?

Why would you do that? You paid big $$ for the CCD and now you are scraping them? Just curious....

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you do that? You paid big $$ for the CCD and now you are scraping them? Just curious....

Don't have a choice... Navigator.

Reason for swapping is I will most likely need to go stiffer as I will be towing 8000lb regularly. I also prefer the ride on the expy to the floaty Navi. Nobody has made airbags for us yet and the only adjustables (stiffness) are ICONs.

Last edited:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you tried towing with it stock? Just curious what needs improvement? There are Sumo Springs available and some options.....

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't have a choice... Navigator.

Reason for swapping is I will most likely need to go stiffer as I will be towing 8000lb regularly. I also prefer the ride on the expy to the floaty Navi. Nobody has made airbags for us yet and the only adjustables (stiffness) are ICONs.

Even in excite or what ever Sport mode is on the Navy? You may also want to look into the Hellwig sway bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't have the truck yet, just getting a feel for what my options are in case as all our other tow rigs are 2500/3500 rams and I will be approaching max tow limits on our bigger cranes. The Navis have a lower tow rating and I can only assume it is due to the softer suspension. I used my boss's Tundra to tow our heaviest bumper pull and this is what it looked like. No idea what options he has on it but it does have a factory looking brake controller. Luckily I'm a flatlander so wind is the only thing I really have to worry about. The Tundra did OK, I just wouldn't want to go long distance with it. Pretty sure it has a 10k towing capacity as well...

i-qnd9Kkn-X4.jpg