Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Hartman

Reaction score
Don't forget! If you buy aftermarket wheels you should also get tire pressure sensors for them. Otherwise your dashboard is going to continually show you a tire sensor error that's going to drive you nuts! LOL!

Also, since I am one of those dummies who forgot about that and have aftermarket rims on snow tires.... with winter just around the corner, I'd appreciate knowing which sensors to get and how to install them. Thank you very much! :)

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't forget! If you buy aftermarket wheels you should also get tire pressure sensors for them. Otherwise your dashboard is going to continually show you a tire sensor error that's going to drive you nuts! LOL!

Also, since I am one of those dummies who forgot about that and have aftermarket rims on snow tires.... with winter just around the corner, I'd appreciate knowing which sensors to get and how to install them. Thank you very much! :)

I don’t know if mine was the exception, but when I got my wheels and tires, they had aftermarket TPMS. I never did the TPMS Relearn yet I don’t have any error messages on my dashboard

Dillon Cawthon

Reaction score
I don’t know if mine was the exception, but when I got my wheels and tires, they had aftermarket TPMS. I never did the TPMS Relearn yet I don’t have any error messages on my dashboard
Mine was the same. I thought I had to do a learning process, but I drove the car the next day and the numbers had updated to the new tires pressures.

Jeka

Reaction score
Mine was the same. I thought I had to do a learning process, but I drove the car the next day and the numbers had updated to the new tires pressures.
+1 here :) I got OEM Motocraft sensors from Rockauto and Motocraft tool (TPMS19), but never used it. Sensors worked out of the box. The same when switched back to summer wheels.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and thankful 16Plati took the time to put the best pics of aftermarket wheels up out of the other thread that had a lot going on in it. As for the original poster I have 20x9’s with a plus 12 offset. It is a little to much IMO. Tires stick out a few inches. But keeps the big tire from rubbing the inside fenders when turning so I only had to trim the front plastic and air dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk