Air conditioner blowing from defrost vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I'm having a terrible time finding the vac leak. I'm thinking that perhaps the line is kinked somewhere in the dash. Any ideas?

johnny boy

Reaction score
has anyone gotten any further with this problem.....my expo will blow from the vents for a while.....and then switch to the defroster vents...and then i cant get it to switch back...which is terribly annoying in south florida...pictures or commentary would be great!!!!

JC's 2004 NBX

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. My 2004 NBX blows strong from the dash vents....but under heavy acceleration they cut out and it switches to the defrost vents.....is this the same problem the vacuum line?? any help would be greatly appreciated.....thanks!!!

Tnell

Reaction score
Thanks and fixed by help here

The vacuum line in question actually comes out of the electrical center just left of the battery. ( haynes book says starter relay but i dont really know).

The vacuum line comes out of the box and goes right by the bottom, left, rear corner of the batt. Thats right where mine was broken. Slipped a piece of hose over the broke section. Success!

Thanks again everyone.

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Need help old thread , my ac blows through windshield vents , but if I turn the car off then turn it back on ,on tthe ac or max ac it works fine. But if the car is already on and the ac is on the off position and try to put it on ac or maxs ac it stays on windshield but with ac plowing cold air at it
Any help plz