Air/Exhaust Timberline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheVI

Reaction score
Afternoon
Curious if anyone has added a drop in (dry flow) or a full CAI and/or an exhaust to their timberline.
As other threads on here mention, not a big market for this vehicle. Just curious if it would hurt or help this motor. Came from a Ram 6.4, so not familiar yet with the Ecoboost

Thanks in advance
Have a good rest of the weekend

OP
OP
TheVI

TheVI

Reaction score
If be soo curious if it would work which seems like it should
I had a borla on my old ram hemi and it was smooth
Does Gibson make anything for these ?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about the timberline, but I can absolutely tell you that wouldn't work on my '19 plati. Unless those pipes are like 1.5-2" diameter, no way. I've never had an expy and a navi up on lift to see what the real difference is, but I can tell you, that all 3 times I've done something to my exhaust, getting a 3" pipe over the rear frame and control arm setup was really, really hard. So much that I almost destroyed the brake lines that run over that area. But I also can't imagine there's that much of a difference between these, Ford doesn't really do things that way.

OP
OP
TheVI

TheVI

Reaction score
So dropped in the AFE high flow filter. Immediately I gained 40 horsepower :oops:
But in all honesty it does make that swoosh sound a bit more for the turbo…

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about the timberline, but I can absolutely tell you that wouldn't work on my '19 plati. Unless those pipes are like 1.5-2" diameter, no way. I've never had an expy and a navi up on lift to see what the real difference is, but I can tell you, that all 3 times I've done something to my exhaust, getting a 3" pipe over the rear frame and control arm setup was really, really hard. So much that I almost destroyed the brake lines that run over that area. But I also can't imagine there's that much of a difference between these, Ford doesn't really do things that way.
Definitely wouldn't work on the pre-2022 Expeditions because they didn't have the "dual" exhaust like the Navigators did. Navigators have had it since 2018. And now the SPP and Timberlines have it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I'm curious about though, and have no way of measuring this, but are the parallel "dual" exhaust setups smaller diameter pipes than the single? I mean technically they are a single exhaust at the Y pipe, then become dual but still effectively share the same muffler body and then the same resonator at the back. But as shown in this image, a single 3" diameter pipe barely fits over the frame rail above the control arms. It was a bear to twist and turn both the old and the new in this area. I'm guessing the pipes are more like dual 2" or maybe 2.5"?
1687270979061.png

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What I'm curious about though, and have no way of measuring this, but are the parallel "dual" exhaust setups smaller diameter pipes than the single? I mean technically they are a single exhaust at the Y pipe, then become dual but still effectively share the same muffler body and then the same resonator at the back. But as shown in this image, a single 3" diameter pipe barely fits over the frame rail above the control arms. It was a bear to twist and turn both the old and the new in this area. I'm guessing the pipes are more like dual 2" or maybe 2.5"?
View attachment 77999
I'm not sure about the stock dual exhaust on the navigator/spp/timberline, but the borla is in pieces to make it easier to put it over the frame rail. And the borla pipe diameter is 2.5". I'm not sure of this, but I don't know if the navigator/spp/timberline exhaust goes into a Y before the muffler. I see dual pipes going into the front of my muffler on my SPP. That would mean it would have to go into a Y from the manifolds then another Y before the muffler to split it back into 2 pipes.

OP
OP
TheVI

TheVI

Reaction score
thinking of taking the Timberline to muffler shop to see what dimensions might work. Definitely only want a borla.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65