Air Intake? 70 Series Flomaster?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDuke

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was thinking of installing a Air Intake and maybe a 70 series Flomaster on my Expo to try and improve the mileage and sound. Don't want it real loud or the wife will have a cow.

Was just seeing if anyone has done this yet?

Thanks in advance:popcorn:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure bout 70 series but go on their site to listen to sound clips...most want the rumble sound

american steel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was thinking of installing a Air Intake and maybe a 70 series Flomaster on my Expo to try and improve the mileage and sound. Don't want it real loud or the wife will have a cow.

Was just seeing if anyone has done this yet?

Thanks in advance:popcorn:

you can go onto YouTube and look at all of the videos for expeditions with flow master mufflers and see what mufflers you like.
and a CAI will certainly help.

OP
OP
TheDuke

TheDuke

Reaction score
Ya I went on youtube and looked at a few.

Can't make it loud inside since the wife drives it more then me is the only bad thing.

dtholmanmax

Reaction score
I put an intake on our 14...took it off and sold it. I thought it was only louder on hard acceleration but when i took it off realized it made the truck louder all the time... Wife didnt like the sound and quite frankly I'm glad I took it off

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
flowmasters are the white trash exhaust especially if you are just hacking off the stock muffler and slapping on a flowtrash. If you are set on an exhaust get one that's actually got some engineering behind it, my choices are usually corsa or magnaflow. Corsa makes the nicest domestic exhausts out there but I don't know if they have one for the expedition. Manaflow is good but doesn't have the same sweet deep sound that the corsa does. You are not going to see huge gains with a cat back exhaust, maybe 5-10 WHP at best on a NA engine. Both might net you 15 to 20 WHP at best. If you are wanting a bump in power you can always go with E85 or premium both will make more power without the hassle of extra noise and expenses.

johnkn

Reaction score
I had a Magnaflow system on my 2005. Fit and finish was excellent, drone was horrible. I've been in cars and F150 with Magnaflow and there was little drone, but in the large interior volume of the Expedition, I couldn't stand it, and I have a number of cars with hi performance exhaust systems (original Boss 302s, 66 GT350, 428CJ Mustang, Viper, etc). I ended up replacing the muffler with one from Stainless Works, nice quiet tone, no drone. good luck.

carlos08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would choose Magnaflow instead. It has a nice deep tone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUSTAFA4072