Air silencer 3.5 eco boost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is was your tune built on a dyno? Meaning your Expedition on the dyno. Unless your in the shop with your vehicle on the dyno then we're all running canned tunes. Id be super wary about an emailed 600hp tune no matter if I had the supporting mods or not.

Ive looked at the site and its interesting. Lots of info. I see they make tunes for the SCT X4 that I have. I may hit them up for one of their tunes to add to it. I'm not looking for max hp/tq. The chances of me putting my Expy on the track is slim to none. I have a CTSV for that. Its just a family hauler I wanted to squeeze a little more power out of that's all.

Its good to hear from another person on here that's tuned though. Not a lot of us on here
I'm interested just a little nervous about making any changes. I still have less than 6000 miles on mine. I may do something after it breaks in. :)

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I'm interested just a little nervous about making any changes. I still have less than 6000 miles on mine. I may do something after it breaks in. :)
Ordinarily I would say JUST DO IT!!!

But you gotta be brave when you plug in that tuner. Any major problems with the truck (ie: rod thru the block) and Ford will dissect the PCM to discover the reason why. When they find the tune the Powertrain warranty will be voided. I have a secondary bumper to bumper warranty on my truck thru Geico and i would try that first before I went thru Ford.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordinarily I would say JUST DO IT!!!

But you gotta be brave when you plug in that tuner. Any major problems with the truck (ie: rod thru the block) and Ford will dissect the PCM to discover the reason why. When they find the tune the Powertrain warranty will be voided. I have a secondary bumper to bumper warranty on my truck thru Geico and i would try that first before I went thru Ford.

I bought the 8 year 100,000 mile warranty when I bought my truck. I've owned it since February 20th and I only have 5,900 miles on it. The extended warranty is also from Ford.

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I bought the 8 year 100,000 mile warranty when I bought my truck. I've owned it since February 20th and I only have 5,900 miles on it. The extended warranty is also from Ford.
I have the 6yr 75k extended warranty from Ford on mine as well. But when i called Geico to insure the truck they asked me if i wanted an extended powertrain warranty with a $250 deductible for an extra $30 a year. It was a no brainer lol

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As i said in my previous post their reputation is quite interesting and the Facebook group is quite entertaining. Im not looking to defend my purchase OR my choice of tuner. That video you posted up has an explanation behind it one of which I'm not going to go into as its stupid and petty in the tuner world. I didnt post in this thread to go into detailed explanation about the tune or tuner. All i care is that it worked 100x better than the boostmax.

As far as dyno time in my Expy, no it has not seen the dyno, nor does it need to see one for the tune. I bought the JMS Boostmax and Pedalmax cause i saw a few dyno runs and video showing a 90hp increase. Turned out to be baseless claims and to top it off downright dangerous when it fails on you in -1 weather.

And you know as well as i do owning a high performance vehicle a canned tune is nothing more than some timing added and rev limiter change to the stock pcm. This is not that. Not even close.

Btw guys there are MANY tuners out there for these trucks. Dont need to rely on just 5 star for a tune.

I’m not asking anyone to defend anything. I am simply stating, that video is WILDLY off-putting!! I just don’t know if I would ever spend my money with a company stupid enough to post that video. At that point I question the decision making of the leadership involved. I don’t care how good the tunes are. There are literally a dozen ecoboost tuners out there.

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I’m not asking anyone to defend anything. I am simply stating, that video is WILDLY off-putting!! I just don’t know if I would ever spend my money with a company stupid enough to post that video. At that point I question the decision making of the leadership involved. I don’t care how good the tunes are. There are literally a dozen ecoboost tuners out there.
I guess for some the video is offensive. Others only care that it shows proof it ran the number.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The offensiveness doesn’t bother me! It is the fact that a company would post it!!!! Seriously! It’s simply the point. Have your 8yr old edit the audio on their iPad for crying out loud. It literally shows that the owner is either A) lazy B) doesn’t give one shit!! C) hangs out with white douche bags that thinks it cool for them to say ***** (when not around a black person) because they may listen to some rap. LOL. There is literally no excuse for a company to have that video posted on any of their social media accounts. I don’t care if it shows an 8 second F150!!!!

Kwik SC

Reaction score
The offensiveness doesn’t bother me! It is the fact that a company would post it!!!! Seriously! It’s simply the point. Have your 8yr old edit the audio on their iPad for crying out loud. It literally shows that the owner is either A) lazy B) doesn’t give one shit!! C) hangs out with white douche bags that thinks it cool for them to say ***** (when not around a black person) because they may listen to some rap. LOL. There is literally no excuse for a company to have that video posted on any of their social media accounts. I don’t care if it shows an 8 second F150!!!!
Ok. So dont buy a tune from them. Problem solved.

Back on topic, has anyone tried the vent to atmosphere mod at all for the sound?

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings! It was directed at SSi not you!!

Kwik SC

Reaction score
I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings! It was directed at SSi not you!!
I understand where you're coming from. My feelings are not hurt nor did i get angry at any point, but the argument was rather tedious.

Ssi has a following. Their success comes from their tuning ability not their marketing ability. If you were a part of the group on FB you would need thick skin to be even a part of it lol. I simply dont care about any of that. Bottom line, I was promised a tune that gave me factory driveability and would haul ass when i asked for it and they delivered.