Air suspension modul pins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the plug to the air suspension control Module on my 2000 Expedition is lost.

pin A is 12V+, pin B is bringing the 12V+ to the compressor.

I know the other two leftover wires are

· Ground

· Control from ECU

but I don’t know which one goes to pin C, and which one 2011-06-15_223105_evo.png 2011-06-15_223105_evo.png a.JPG to pin D.

Anyone has an idea?

Unbenannt.JPG

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Chris, I just spent 20 minutes looking at the useless 2000 Ford connector diagrams in their manual for your C1000 connector. It isn't there. I also searched the 'net for a pin diagram of the relay. No luck.

So here's how I'd work this out.

You know A is hot all the time and you know B is the switched output to the compressor motor. But you don't know about C and D.

Both C & D get ground. One pin is always grounded, the other is a switched ground that gets grounded when the Air Suspension Module calls for the compressor. So there's no danger of harm if you mix them up, except perhaps a trouble code.

Make temporary connections to C & D one way or the other. If the compressor runs with the ignition off or with the door open, you know you have them mixed up. If that happens, switch them and you should be fine.

If I were to guess, D would be grounded at all times.

That's how I'd do it.

Last edited: