Air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well folks its happend to me again. The rear end is sagging. The first time this happend to me it was the air suspension pump so i replaced it and its still under warranty. This time around when i start the truck the pump kicks in and i hear it running but the rear is not raising up at all.

Any ideas on what it can be this time?

I have the usual in mind like an air leak in a line, the relay which is behind the pass headlight and worst case the air bags are shot and need to be replaced.

wickman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with the air ride yet, but the pump seems to run more now that I am in Alaska. The car sat for 3 months last winter while I was working in Hawaii. Where are the usual places for air leaks?

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by wickman
I haven't had any problems with the air ride yet, but the pump seems to run more now that I am in Alaska.

Makes sense if the air is cooler...less density, so it takes more of it to fill a given volume.

OP
OP
L

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found the problem, after hours and hours of troubleshooting and running diagnostics it ended up being the air suspension control module which is under the dash and behind the radio. All it is is a little black plastic box with 2 sets of pin connectors. The module cant be opened up to repair it cause there are no screws on it. Only way in it is to cut it open or my favorite ( when something breaks) smash the living hell out of it.

Anyways found a used one for 100 bucks and comes with a 6 month warranty. Dealer wanted 384 + tax for a new one...

johnnystar

Reaction score
How do you control height of air suspension? or is it an idiot proof thing that your not suppose to screw with?
Cuz i'd like to screw around with it!!

OP
OP
L

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by johnnystar
How do you control height of air suspension? or is it an idiot proof thing that your not suppose to screw with?
Cuz i'd like to screw around with it!!

These is a height positioning sensor on the rear axle, but as far as adjusting it, i havent tried or messed with it.

Last edited:

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the rear sensor on the older (live axle) trucks, you can loosen the bolt then slide the sensor up or down, which corresponds to raising or lowering your suspension.

I did this to lower my rear about 2 inches, so I had a level ride height with the Eibach springs I put up front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett