Airflow from dash vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

john shelman

Reaction score
When I have the dash vents selected, i have great airflow. But when accelerating, such as going up a hill, that airflow drops to almost nothing. The blower ts still running. When i let off the accelerator, crusing down level highway or driving around town, the airflow is normal. It just cuts out while accelerating, what is going on, how do i fix it?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your losing vacuum somewhere. Back in the early days of vacuum operated windshield wipers, when you accelerated going up hill or getting on a freeway on ramp, the vacuum drops, and wipers came to a crawl, when you needed them most. Back off the throttle, and they'd run like crazy. I'd start checking vacuum hoses. It's possible if you or a shop worked on it, they knocked a hose loose, or ones got a cut in it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like your losing vacuum somewhere. Back in the early days of vacuum operated windshield wipers, when you accelerated going up hill or getting on a freeway on ramp, the vacuum drops, and wipers came to a crawl, when you needed them most. Back off the throttle, and they'd run like crazy. I'd start checking vacuum hoses. It's possible if you or a shop worked on it, they knocked a hose loose, or ones got a cut in it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

I agree 100%! If you look under the hood, on the right side of the engine near the firewall you will find some vacuum lines going through the firewall into the cabin, make sure they are connected. What year is your Expedition?

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree 100%! If you look under the hood, on the right side of the engine near the firewall you will find some vacuum lines going through the firewall into the cabin, make sure they are connected. What year is your Expedition?

I had mice chew mine right here.
Just piece together with small rubber line after you cut off bad or cracked part.