Alarm/Keyless entry problem need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powisj

Reaction score
Ok guys this one should make you laugh so hard you shoot milk out your nose so here goes...

The car randomly starts trying to lock its self while sitting out side and it wont stop and each time it locks it the horn chirps and it can go on and do this for 5-10 minutes till I go out and pull the battery in my underware at 4:30 in the morning. While it is doing this the only way to get into the car is to use a key or the touch pad. Do you have any suggestions as to what this could be?

also where is a good place to access the nessisary wires for installing an alarm? I have done several car alarms in the past months and i have learned like the best that there is always a better place then where i am thinking.

any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is just a wild guess, but you should try to take the battery out of your remote and make sure the lock button's not messed up on it and making your car do that.

JWood

Reaction score
Did you fix this problem?

My 2003 was doing the same thing - I have replaced the battery in the remote and it has stopped for now, but it has only been a week

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well its a 99 right? it could have the dreaded windsheald leak.
The water drips on to the gem modual which does crazy thing to the truck. Look at the E=brake see if you can see rust,check
the carpet/ padding to see if its wet.

JoeExpedition

Reaction score
I would also say to replace the battery in your remote.

However, I would do one other thing.

I would try to reprogram the truck to recognize your remote.

I think you do this with the car off, cycle the ignition key from OFF to ON a few times, ending on ON when the car locks and unlocks. That is your signal it is ready to be programmed.

You then click the LOCK button on your remote. You will get the truck to lock, then beep the horn for confirmation of your remote pressing.

Then turn the key to off.

Joe

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
dead post first time poster that never came back

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members