All-Weather Floor Mat Options

Should a 3-row passenger vehicle come standard with 3 rows of floor mats?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
So is everyone preferring the 1 piece 2nd/3rd row of the weathertech over the 2 piece style like the husky xact? I've got 5 boys so they will be used heavily haha.

I prefer the one piece as it doesn’t have the curling up on the adjoining edges like my previous two piece and no dirt getting between the cracks. If the two piece overlapped a bit it would maybe be better.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I prefer the one piece as it doesn’t have the curling up on the adjoining edges like my previous two piece and no dirt getting between the cracks. If the two piece overlapped a bit it would maybe be better.

That's a very good point! So the 2 piece offerings don't overlap eh. Yeah that would be a problem for sure. So definitely weather tech in back.

Do the weathertechs really feel all that plastic-y under your shoes vs the husky options? I dunno if my brain would let me mix and match anyways haha.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went with the WeatherTech 2nd and 3rd row one piece for the back mainly because it was a less expensive proposition. We have to keep it tucked under the front of the frame of the captains chairs so it doesn’t interfere with flipping them up for 3rd row entrance. It is a little harder to remove for cleaning, but we give it a quick vacuum first to avoid dumping the contents on the carpet. Nice fit, and we are happy with it. For the front, we waited for availability of the Husky X-act Contours as we wanted a softer, quieter feel. We are very glad we waited! They are superb!

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went with the WeatherTech 2nd and 3rd row one piece for the back mainly because it was a less expensive proposition. We have to keep it tucked under the front of the frame of the captains chairs so it doesn’t interfere with flipping them up for 3rd row entrance. It is a little harder to remove for cleaning, but we give it a quick vacuum first to avoid dumping the contents on the carpet. Nice fit, and we are happy with it. For the front, we waited for availability of the Husky X-act Contours as we wanted a softer, quieter feel. We are very glad we waited! They are superb!

I was just looking at your pics a page or two back!

Price aside, I wish someone had the xact back mats so I could see how much of a gap there was between the mats.

You mentioned keeping the front tucked under the captain chairs... I'd assume this is a similar problem with any brand right?

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would think so, but I can't be sure. Once tucked it seems to stay in place, so it has been a minor inconvenience so far. If it ever becomes an issue I could simply trim off the lip that sticks up a little in front of the captains chair rails.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
We went with the Max Liner front set and 2nd & 3rd row one piece. I have had Weathertech's in the past and I thought I would give these a try as they were about $50 less. I could not be happier, I like the feel (a little softer) and they fit extremely well.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We went with the Max Liner front set and 2nd & 3rd row one piece. I have had Weathertech's in the past and I thought I would give these a try as they were about $50 less. I could not be happier, I like the feel (a little softer) and they fit extremely well.

Do yours tend to slide around at all? The only thing I noticed while looking at them was that they looked rather slick on the underside. I could see them working just fine with clips present, but sliding where there may not be any.

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the Husky Xact rear 2 piece set for buckets? I can't recall any previous posts with pics of this setup...but I may have missed something.

I'm realllly curious how well they go together.

Thanks all!

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I purchased the Husky Weatherbeater cargo mat yesterday. We were waiting for the Husky X-act as we prefer the more rubber like material, but there is still no availability date for them, and we could wait no longer.. We received it today! After letting it sit in the sun for an hour I installed it. I went with the Husky over the Maxliner due to concerns of it sliding around which was noted in some reviews that I read. My other Husky mats have “pegs“ on the bottom of the mat to keep them from sliding, but I was a little disappointed with the cargo mats underside pegs being VERY short. However, the proof is in the pudding, and we hauled a load today and experienced absolutely zero shifting. The mat has a nice texture on the top which kept cargo from sliding around. It also had a ridge left to right that matched up with the flaps that cover the space between the second and third row, which I hadn’t even really noticed before. This really helped to secure the mat in place. The fit is perfect. There is a Labor Day sale going on right now for 10% off, so it was about $40 more then the Maxliner. It is also limber enough that you can roll it if you need to use the third row, but ideally you would remove it. Overall, I am very very pleased with this choice.

F6A35B21-8FB7-4331-9E53-48868D290C51.jpeg

5DEBC0E3-E7F6-408E-8608-D9ABBECF3D6C.jpeg

spotdog14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do yours tend to slide around at all? The only thing I noticed while looking at them was that they looked rather slick on the underside. I could see them working just fine with clips present, but sliding where there may not be any.

Mine don't move at all. They snap in to the pegs on the floor and stay put.

Like the previous poster, I've had weathertech's in a lot of my previous vehicles but decided on the Maxx's because the offer much more coverage.