Ambient Lighting Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaveF

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2018 Expedition Max Platinum, and there is no ambient lighting on the windshield wiper control arm (steering column). So, at night, I can't see the settings on the control arm. I just have to feel around and guess what the settings are.

I just noticed this because I usually don't drive it at night.

So ... is it supposed to light up? With all the other ambient lighting in the interior of this vehicle I would think it should, so I don't know if it needs service or if Ford just omitted it. The car's got just over 6,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello. I have a 2018 Expedition Max Platinum, and there is no ambient lighting on the windshield wiper control arm (steering column). So, at night, I can't see the settings on the control arm. I just have to feel around and guess what the settings are.

I just noticed this because I usually don't drive it at night.

So ... is it supposed to light up? With all the other ambient lighting in the interior of this vehicle I would think it should, so I don't know if it needs service or if Ford just omitted it. The car's got just over 6,000 miles on it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Dave

Dave, I found the ambient lighting control on the Sync 3 screen. Lets you set diff colors and such on that screen (you prob knew that) guess I'll check the wiper arm because I didn't know you could use that for ambient lighting also....thanks...

Ron Green

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ford Expedition and my
Ambient Lighting only working in doors not the floor or cupholders or lever that is use to open the door. Can anyone tell me how to turn them on?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hot the ambient lighting tile and select a color to "up" position. Usually, if the lights aren't on, on the color select screen, all of the color tiles will be in the "down" position.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hot the ambient lighting tile and select a color to "up" position. Usually, if the lights aren't on, on the color select screen, all of the color tiles will be in the "down" position.

I believe the MY20 didn't get ambient lighting color options. Just ice blue. I remember @LokiWolf talking about it back in August.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I remember that. He can still use those instructions to turn them on.