Amsoil Drop in air filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry12

Reaction score
Are there any documented reports showing a MPG benefit when using a K&N style compared to a factory style filter?

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you measure the dimensions on the stock one including the filter media depth, I can try and match it to the ones in the EAA book.

I just went with an airaid since Amsoil didnt list a filter for my truck I figure they dont want my money.

Are there any documented reports showing a MPG benefit when using a K&N style compared to a factory style filter?

No. I have seen slight increases in MPG with doing alot of mods on past vehicles when I keep my foot light. But for the most part its so nominal that its not even worth mentioning. My jeep has the 4.7l V8 and while the mods I did (intake, throttle body, full exhaust, tune, etc) made it faster and slightly more fuel efficient, the power band shifted and ultimately using the vehicle for anything other then a solo rider go to work drive resulted in having to push it a little harder to get the same achieved.