Another Expedition Wrecked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
That sucks getting such a nice '17 Expy smashed into.

I just got my 17 back from the Truck Hospital after being run into by a 20T dump truck! Mine was only grazed and nothing functional was destroyed!

jeff
My three children and I were also hit by a dump truck, headF83F3EED-5434-43D2-8ABA-391DC3C2F8EC.jpeg18B6EA36-CA20-48EC-85E5-D47AFFB81A13.jpeg120387F4-5173-4A58-9008-0339A22ACA9A.jpeg38473667-2131-4DA4-B143-1B4AB66A541C.jpeg on 85 miles an hour impact. ‘15 KR Expy. My truck stopped the dump truck and spun it around parallel to us. That truck saved my family!! I’ll never drive anything else Go Expedition/Lincoln Expedition! Sorry about the split in post with thumbnails, you can tell I’m a noob

B-McD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
MistressDeLuna - Now that is a crash!! Amazing you were all OK! What a scary experience for you and the family. I hope that trucking company puts you into a nice top of the line Navigator - or else!

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank goodness you and your family are ok. When I think I could save some wear, tear & rust on the expy by getting a "beater" 2nd car that's great on gas. I picture what an accident like this would be like in a Prius C or Corola.

Then again I also am an avid motorcycle rider. These more frequent accidents give me pause after 30 years of riding and the increasing number of drivers staring at their cell phones.

LRNAD90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite an impact. I'm glad you hear you are okay, but I'd have to say looking at the roof line and how much the firewall/dash was moved rearward, I'm surprised to hear the driver survived. I think you may need to be thanking a higher power, and not Ford on this one..

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My three children and I were also hit by a dump truck, headView attachment 28722View attachment 28723View attachment 28724View attachment 28725 on 85 miles an hour impact. ‘15 KR Expy. My truck stopped the dump truck and spun it around parallel to us. That truck saved my family!! I’ll never drive anything else Go Expedition/Lincoln Expedition! Sorry about the split in post with thumbnails, you can tell I’m a noob

How did you determine the impact was at 85 mph? Which driver was determined to be at fault?

(I own a 2015 Expediton Limited 4x4 that I use daily with my two grandchildren in car seats.)

ColoExpdn

Reaction score
Expedition, Damage from front.JPG Expedition, Damage from side.JPG Expedition, Rear Damage.jpg I had a similar accident with my 2010 Limited, except the impact was not nearly as direct as yours (more of a glancing blow as the other driver swerved to avoid me). As the body shop got into it, they removed the far back seats and found damage under them (floor wrinkled). No frame damage, but we ended up cutting out the entire right rear quarter of the truck and replacing it. The bill was a little over $10k. It looks perfect today, no paint or driving issues. I'd expect your repair bill (with frame repair) to be above $10k based upon my experience.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 28730 View attachment 28731 View attachment 28732 I had a similar accident with my 2010 Limited, except the impact was not nearly as direct as yours (more of a glancing blow as the other driver swerved to avoid me). As the body shop got into it, they removed the far back seats and found damage under them (floor wrinkled). No frame damage, but we ended up cutting out the entire right rear quarter of the truck and replacing it. The bill was a little over $10k. It looks perfect today, no paint or driving issues. I'd expect your repair bill (with frame repair) to be above $10k based upon my experience.
Rub some dirt on it, you'll be ok.

Reaction score
MistressDeLuna - Now that is a crash!! Amazing you were all OK! What a scary experience for you and the family. I hope that trucking company puts you into a nice top of the line Navigator - or else!

We were very lucky another inch to the right and the bumper would have hit my eye and squished me. People say god watched out. But really Ford did. I really own my children’s lives and mine to them!! Always loved Expys since 1997

Maybe I need to write Ford . Couldn’t wait and 15-17 Expys are next to impossible to find in Tampa under 45k! Driving a ‘15 Navi but just gave back a loaner ‘19 today due to my running board trying to eat your feet. I could settle for a ‘19 just can’t afford it. Of course the dt was poorly insured so we had to finance her .