Another fuse box replacement ....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay_1

Reaction score
Sorry to ressurect an old thread....But I am based in the UK and have this exact issue with my 2003 Navigator. I have stripped out the fuesbox and will be soldering a new relay onto the board but I am struggling to find the correct relay over here. I have searched for the uprated omron relay which I understand is G8QN-1C4-DC12. This part now seems to be obsolete but it is also showing as a 30amp relay but earlier in this thread it is said to have been a 20amp relay. Would anyone be able to confirm if it is 20 or 30 amp? Or better yet, an updated part number for the replacement?

Thanks in advance
Jay

OP
OP
Hamfisted

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, whatever the spec sheet says. I believe it is 30 amp peak load and maybe 20 amp constant load ? I can't remember. But the G8QN is the upgrade relay if you want Omrom. Or the JMM-131 if you want Panasonic. Have you looked on eBay over there ? You can find either one on eBay over here.

Jay_1

Reaction score
Thanks Hamfisted. I managed to find one in France strangely and had it posted over here. Soldered it on and also resoldered teh back of the 203 relay connector as it looked like a cold solder joint. Put it all back together and the truck ran but if i tapped relay 203, it cut out again. I also noticed that relay 202 was getting hot! Not sure what's going on there.

I'm going to go ahead and attempt the relay bypass for 203 as explained by someone on page 1 of this thread. I do prefer keeping things 'factory' but if I wonder if the PCB is damaged on the 203 circuit and so perhaps an external relay is the more reliable option.

Thanks for the help and I will post back here to let you know the outcome.

Jay_1

Reaction score
So that didn't go to plan.....It may be that some of the wiring colours are different for my year. Does anyone know where I can get specific wiring diagrams for a 2003 Navigator? I have done the mod as someone suggested on page 1 of this thread but my car is still using the original relay for some reason! thanks

Jay_1

Reaction score
Thought I would come back and update. I went ahead and reversed the relay bypass and the truck worked fine. I have ordered a new fusebox from tasca parts as I decided I just don't have enough knowledge about the wiring on the car to do anything beyond someone elses tried and tested solution. For the next 2 weeks I will have to just tap the relay when it decides to not work!

Interestingly, I have now got an advtrac warning light on that I cannot clear with Forscan. It seems that I need to calibrate the abs/advtrac but Forscan is only getting to 3% before saying vehicle conditions are invalid for calibration.

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys

Eileen

Reaction score
I'm replacing the fuse panel for the second time on an 03 EB as well. The first one the PCM was bad, and then the #203 started melting and causing all kinds of issues. The panel I have now, started connector burnout at the wiring harness because there was a 10amp fuse where there was supposed to be a 15amp, and every time the day running lights wanted to come on, the truck would stall! But until I figured it out, it was melting the plastic off the connector bolt to the wiring harness, and now it's pretty crunchy there and is failing. First pic below is showing the bolt with the plastic burned through.

I have the 03, EB, 2wd, 5.4. I'm getting thoroughly confused trying to get a fuse panel, because of part numbers. You ordered the 3L1T-14A067-AA. Correct? What I think is the The ORIGINAL Panel for my truck is a 2L1T-14A067-AN. I am ready to order this part: 4L7T-14A067-AF. Is this going to work? Any reason to go with the 3L1T instead of the 4L7T?

I don't have any after mods, but I do have a Subwoofer that came with the truck, I have fog lights, power third seats, a DVD ceiling system that I don't use, and the 6 CD changer that has been broken forever, so I don't use. Nothing else. No sunroof, no heated seats. I know some panels support more of these items, but I don't want to get one that spesn't support what i DO have!

Also, I honestly don't know what month my truck was manufactured...the window sticker or door sticker is gone. FORD has 2 different panels available, but splits the 03 year based on the first half a year or the second half!

If you or anyone could tell me that this will 4L7T-14A067-AF will work, or what panel replacement part number I should get, I would appreciate it immensely.

messages_0(1).jpeg messages_0.jpeg

OP
OP
Hamfisted

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That 4L7T-14A067-AF fusebox is for an '04 (Navigator?), not an '03 Expy .

So I would not recommend using that fusebox. You don't see the vehicle certification sticker there on the driver's door pillar under the door latch striker?
The date switch is February of '03 for the two fusebox part numbers. The majority of '03 Expy's were built prior to February '03.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part..._holders_and_circuit_breakers.html?pnc=14A068

Last edited:

Eileen

Reaction score
Thank you for that. Now I'm back to square one. SO frustrating! This one said it was a direct replacement for several various fuse panels: https://www.ebay.com/itm/184847299592?hash=item2b09c1f408:g:jOEAAOSwWCtgplvO

When I put the number you just put in your truck, I find the 5L1Z-14A068-BA and a bunch, but not many 3's. https://www.ebay.com/itm/154486816695?hash=item23f821bfb7:g:INEAAOSwWodgwMUy looks nice. Only one of my fuses is different...SAme here...https://www.ebay.com/itm/154487887757?hash=item23f832178d:g:nmUAAOSw569gfePG ...I have a 15 where a 10 is...and I could have my second issue with the day runners that melted the post. Why is this so complicated!

I'm trying to save by getting used, or pulled, or one that has been repaired on that #203 relay. I'm really about ready to pull one myself and just go with it.

And on the door sticker, no. I am at least the second owner, bought at 120k, and the truck had been repainted. It was such a good deal (this is my third expy) so I didn't care about several minor things. I compromised, and I would do it again! BUt It did not come with a door sticker with all the paint codes and fun stuff!

Last edited:

Eileen

Reaction score
I WAS able to get my manufacture date by contacting ford via their chat services. 24-APR-2002 was the production date :) So I was built before that February 2003 Cutoff.

OP
OP
Hamfisted

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This one out of your list above will work https://www.ebay.com/itm/154486816695?hash=item23f821bfb7:g:INEAAOSwWodgwMUy

The only difference between it and the 14A068 part number from the Ford website is the 14A068 comes with a new lead cable that you have to run from the fusebox to the hot side battery terminal. If your current hot lead is in good shape you don't need that new one that comes in the box. The actual part number on the fusebox inside the 14A068 package box is 14A067 like the one there on that eBay link.

This is the one I put in my early '03 a few months ago ....

keWJZS.jpg