Anti-Theft System ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is a good head scratcher & is starting to remind me of "20 Questions"...

When you first turn the key to run, do the gauges in the instrument cluster go through the sweep test?

I try to avoid using starting fluid but you could shoot a little in the airbox and try to start. If it attempts to run it will be fuel related, if it just cranks over it is spark related.

Is the theft light flashing quickly during the 15 secs you are waiting?

Have you swapped the pcm relay with another or tested it?

Last edited:
OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
I know its not fuel related because the fuel pressure is constant at 38 PSI when the truck is off. The gauges do their normal light up and sweep.
As for the starter fluid, I'm not going to spray it in the throttle body. Too many issues with that and you know it could harm some of the components.
The theft light does not flash after I turn the key to run or when I crank.
I know it will start as long as I wait for 15 seconds. I really think it is an electronic issue. I think I am going to put jumper wires on the relays and test them while they are in their proper sockets. I only bench tested them before. All the fuses seem to be normal.

I am telling you, this really has me puzzled. Even though I am a shade tree mechanic, I have been fixing my own vehicles for about 30 years. I can usually read up on things and fix them myself, but this one is a wing-dinger...

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Just switched out the three FOAB relays and nothing happened. Something is delaying the signal to the system. I just cannot figure it out. I am assuming one of the modules is faulty but I should be able to get a code on the OBD II scanner.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a suggestion The next time you try to start Place your gear selector in Neutral and
see if you still have the same 15 second delay.

Also has there ever bee a remote start system installed on the expy?

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Bedrck47
It does the same thing in neutral, have to wait 15 seconds. Not sure if it ever had a remote start. Is there a way to tell.

stamp11127
I do have the power distribution diagram.

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Not sure if it uploaded but here is 2 of 4 on the wiring distribution. It has the ignition switch on it.

Attachments

• Power Distribution 2 of 4.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
Here are all 4 of them.

Attachments

• Power Distribution 1 of 4.pdf
    61 KB · Views: 26
  • Power Distribution 2 of 4.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Power Distribution 3 of 4.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 17
  • Power Distribution 4 of 4.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 21

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would be hard to tell if it did have a remote start at one time Unless wiring and other parts were still installed.

Where did you get your wiring diagrams from?

OP
OP

44Steel

Reaction score
I tried to trace the anti-theft module, but it looks like it goes up under the dash. Do you have any idea where it is located? The thing is, everything on that circuit works just fine, radio and clock. I do not have phone or navigation. I also have no idea where that generic module electronic module might be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik