Any Gen4s Running 34's w/Factory Rims 1.5 Inch Lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaffer9

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a lot of pictures of the truck but here it is again. 285/70r18 no rub during normal driving. Now that the weather is cooling off here, I'll finally be throwing on the bilsteins. F150 front and expedition rear as has been discussed on here in the past 20201002_082127.jpg

Last edited:

2019 Plat Exp

Reaction score
Thx 2019 PE, nice looking ride! Do you have any more pics on the tire "poke"? And what is the method rim's H&W please?
Have you considered the Bilstein 1.5 inch lift?

Only lift I can do would be readylift or Icon with the CCD suspension but havent really considered it much yet. Uploaded a pic of more down the side as well.

20200919_131902.jpg

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is really funny how a pic from one angle can make a difference! That is like perfect "poke" 2019 PE! Just enough to give it a muscular look--the way I personally like trucks.
That looks definitely less than .5 of an inch past the fender, and melted with the curve of the tire as it grows out downward to the hub, right?

Jaime M

Reaction score
Had anyone on here ever used the Bilstein 5100 lift for Expeditions? Seems like everyone goes the F150 route. I’d love to see a picture of the Bilsteins made for Expedition.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ExpeditionDave.
You need to ask people that say they have no rub for pictures of the front left tire turned right 11* then a picture of the front fender and tire Then the same tire turned to the left 9* and a picture of the back of the tire and fender. You can see I have trimmed mine and they will still hit off roading. This is where the +18 or more help and the narrower tire help. Full lock and full stuff is the diameter of the tire. Everything else is wheel offset and tire width.
da0e75582c2f9ba5e0ad655f311b425a.jpg
07bfee8bfa4eee24a4c0d0a2f76795ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Expedition Dave

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I am still waiting on my backordered Expy Bilsteins...

And Foz, I am simply going to wait till I get them (or the ICONS, but I don't think the .65 more of lift with them will make much of a difference in front clearance).

Once installed, on factory 32s, I will get a few thin spacers to measure the front clearances. I have my heart set on a tire that is 34.3 tall and 11.8 wide, so the overall tire height issue will be basically jut out 1.1 inch around, and .8 wider (or 1x1 inch, to keep it simple). I have eyeballed it, and the only things that seem to be in the way are my mudflaps, which will either need to be removed or trimmed. But 1 inch IS a close call and I can see where 33.2-33.6s sized tires CAN make the difference.

I do not have power running boards, and the two areas I can see it getting tight when stuffed could be addressed by some slight cutting or pulling back of the well. I also wonder if folks with taller, lower profile rims have more clearance issues do to the shorter sidewall being more square shouldered, vs. more rounded in some areas? Total speculation, w/o a shred of fact to back it up though...

I am quite frustrated I can't seem to get the shocks so I can produce my own data for this sight to consume. I tend to do quite extensive reporting on my projects, lol.

I know you have worked on this extensively, and will go back and re-read all your helpful posts and PMs.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think the CV-19 has finally slowed the supply chain and maybe the fires. At work we have not been able to get oil filters, conduit, manholes, concrete,switching gear, you name it.

My point is, I know you want to go out and use yours. So when people say they clear or fit and don’t rub. They might not if you go off roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk