Any high performance radiators for these things? And electric fans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ragebuzz, I currently have one pusher fan that is hooked up to turn on when the A/C comes on ( it turns off and on within temp range) You will see an image at the battery where they installed a separate fuse. One thing I am going to add is a switch (discretely located) to where I can turn off (bypass) the fan when I like. For whatever reason Ford's climate control likes to turn on the A/C whenever the heat/defroster is turned doesn't make sense to me so the fan goes on when the heat is turned on. I turn off the A/C button and the fan will turn off except for when the defroster is in use the fan just stays on.

View attachment 37345

View attachment 37346

View attachment 37347

View attachment 37348

View attachment 37349

what is that fan? brand name, model number, etc.?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a thread for this in the history files...efans... it's all talked about there... dual vs single...15" vs 16" vs 17"... all in that thread

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is the first I've heard of "history files". if a search on efan won't produce them, what's the magic button/word/sign?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the first I've heard of "history files". if a search on efan won't produce them, what's the magic button/word/sign?
That's the thing... so many ppl continue to ask about the same things... search my name cuz i know I created a thread or chimed in on a specific thread a lot... something should come up... we had pricing too

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

DSF1

Reaction score
Great info regarding the rad. Re having the AC come on automatically, take it fron a Canadian, its a function worth its weight in gold. THe worst part of winter for me, back in the age of dinosaurs, was having cars without A/C. In order to clear the windows in a non-AC car, you had to wait for the engine to be at full operating temp before it would start to clear the windows. The reason was that all the moisture in the car (and on the windsheild) would only be recirculated and re-freeze on the windshield until the temp of the heater core was sufficient to actually be warm enough to absorb the moisture and then to do so without having said moisture re-condence on the cold surfaces. The beauty of AC in defrost mode means that all of that moisture gets condensed out right away so the air you are moving about is now dry air. Ir removes the moisture that the blower is carrying away and leaves nothing to be redeposited. The difference between having the AC running and not running is night and day. At least in Canada, anyway. No doubt our friends in the US midwest and NorthEastern seaboard would agree as well. This could be a whole other thread on its own, I know, but hey: You started it! :)