Any problems with the 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

rick619

Reaction score
Nope.

But if you want best performance, yes. Difference between 87 and 93 is ~15HP on stock tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never though of putting the high octane fuel in my F150. No complaints about the performance, though only 30K miles so far. Now I want to try a tank of it to see if I notice a difference.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never though of putting the high octane fuel in my F150. No complaints about the performance, though only 30K miles so far. Now I want to try a tank of it to see if I notice a difference.

Yep, even when I am on Stock tuning, I run 93. It has had 87 in it 2 times. When the dealer had it new, and last week during the created gas shortage. It is noticeable. Especially if you do any data logging with something like an HPTuners MPVI2. The motor adjusts to the lower Octane just fine, but you can see the knock retards, and it pulling power.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes as minimum, but not recommended. Want Rated power, put the good stuff in, 92 Octane or above.
87 works just fine with zero negatives other than if you need / want 15hp more lol.

Premium is not required. No harm comes to it on 87.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
87 works just fine with zero negatives other than if you need / want 15hp more lol.

Premium is not required. No harm comes to it on 87.

HAHA. No negatives…just less power and lower MPG.

Under load, or high temps, the added octane is good for more than 15HP. The 15HP is based on Car & Driver testing a F150 on a dyno.

Again, not saying 87 is bad. But if you wanted rated power, run 91+.

People always forget about this paragraph when referencing the Octane…It is important:

c5fe76cf30ffb6d8ca2d002e848e0aaf.jpg

All good. I don’t know about you. I bought the Expedition because it was a large SUV with power, and a lot of capability. I want to get the most potential out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HAHA. No negatives…just less power and lower MPG.

Under load, or high temps, the added octane is good for more than 15HP. The 15HP is based on Car & Driver testing a F150 on a dyno.

Again, not saying 87 is bad. But if you wanted rated power, run 91+.

People always forget about this paragraph when referencing the Octane…It is important:

c5fe76cf30ffb6d8ca2d002e848e0aaf.jpg

All good. I don’t know about you. I bought the Expedition because it was a large SUV with power, and a lot of capability. I want to get the most potential out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
OP’s wife isn’t going to be towing or needing full power capacity hauling the kids to soccer practice.

My Toyota 4.7 required premium when doing anything other than low speed in town driving or it would rattle like a bucket of bolts. Owners manual stated 87 was fine but when under heavy loads it required premium. Mileage never changed.

My Expedition gets the same mileage regardless of fuel grade.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP’s wife isn’t going to be towing or needing full power capacity hauling the kids to soccer practice.

My Toyota 4.7 required premium when doing anything other than low speed in town driving or it would rattle like a bucket of bolts. Owners manual stated 87 was fine but when under heavy loads it required premium. Mileage never changed.

My Expedition gets the same mileage regardless of fuel grade.

My wife daily drives ours tuned on E85.

If you were talking about my wife, she would take your first sentence as an insult.

An informed consumer is a good thing. Also, don’t make assumptions.

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife daily drives ours tuned on E85.

If you were talking about my wife, she would take your first sentence as an insult.

An informed consumer is a good thing. Also, don’t make assumptions.

Yeah OK whatever I bet she’s doing side show burn out competition between sports practice drop offs also.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah OK whatever I bet she’s doing side show burn out competition between sports practice drop offs also.

Runs on E85 about 75% of the time.

Just filled it back up on it after a week on the Stock tune, because we pulled my Dads Racecar 500 miles and I knew filling up was going to be a pain. Lucky I did it, cause only 87 was available.

3d584def55296d236bfbbb1007251881.jpg

ZFG’s E85 Tune will hustle this Limited Max on Stock 22’s to 60 in 4.7 Seconds.

OP, Sorry for the de-rail. Hope the wife chooses the Expedition.