Any Stronger Engines Ahead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like it or not, I may be replacing DW's Exppy but was disappointed when the F150s showed up with ***** choices and the Exp. didn't. The 5.4 is a good engine but at 9000' elevation where we live it loses over 25% of its rated hp. And we don't pull much with it as we have an F250 diesel and an F350 diesel for those jobs. Occasionally on a camping trip I'll throw our flatbed trailer with 1500# of ATVs and gear behind it, maybe 3000# total, and DW will follow me, and she can feel that little bit back there. So has anyone heard talk of new engine choices coming down the road?

Rusty90272

Reaction score
I doubt a new, better engine will be coming given the "green" President and congress we have in place.

Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

OP
OP
cekkk

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's basically a 150, isn't it? Why didn't they at least offer the two sixes, not that I want one. Maybe it's CAFE worries that I think trucks escape. I note they discontinued the Explorer. Call the new one what they want, it ain't an Explorer. Don't even get me started on the Greenies and that person in the WH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69