Has anyone had a smooth shifting 10 speed? Do they all do the occasional clunk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems like Ford and GM who were both in on the 10 speed design screwed up somewhat!! Both are having 10 speed woes.. :(
The government forces them to be in on fuel economy saving transmissions .

Last edited:

bigboi66

Reaction score
called Ford and I told him what was happening to my car with the transmission and I told him that I wanted to reprogram the transmission with the scanner to see if it improved, the Ford mechanic told me that those faults could not be fixed with the computer, He told me that if I did that he was going to give the money away.

I don't know who to believe anymore, I know that the advice comes with good intentions but look at what the Ford mechanic tells me, as many here say, that 10r80 transmission is garbage.
I had mine in many time and they went through warranty, still had to pay my $100 fee... Should this have been totally free? Or are you still paying the deductible?

Tiger Bob

Reaction score
As some of the other commentators noted, a minor clunk when shifting from P to R. Otherwise, as smooth as a baby's behind. I'm not sure if the dealer is mandated to "fix" anything subject to a TSP under warranty, but you can bet your bottom dollar (or bottom $9000) that the day after that warranty expires, the stealership will find a whole bunch of things wrong with the vehicle in addition to the transmission. If you take it in now, it will probably be deemed as "healthy as a horse", and that will cost you $300 for the diagnosis since not warranty related.

Sidewinder

Reaction score
I've never seen that before. How long have you put it in your fluid and is there any chance that you know how it works?
I researched the product online, not sure how it works. I tried it in my brother-in-law's 2013 Edge 12/22/23 and it helped. Put it in my 2017 Expedition and 2008 Taurus X and it has helped with slipping and shifting.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As some of the other commentators noted, a minor clunk when shifting from P to R. Otherwise, as smooth as a baby's behind. I'm not sure if the dealer is mandated to "fix" anything subject to a TSP under warranty, but you can bet your bottom dollar (or bottom $9000) that the day after that warranty expires, the stealership will find a whole bunch of things wrong with the vehicle in addition to the transmission. If you take it in now, it will probably be deemed as "healthy as a horse", and that will cost you $300 for the diagnosis since not warranty related.
I love this comment and it is as accurate as it gets. Once the dealership knows u have no ESP/Warranty they will become honest.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire