anybody a smart guy on the electrical system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clardy

Reaction score
hey i installed a new cold air intake AFE i think but when i installed it used all the factory sensors no big thing but i got a trouble code from the AIT sensor i believe it is the temp sensor for the intake original thought was that i boogered it up putting it back in so i replaced it but even after that and clearing the code no joy it came back with intake temp to high or some mess... i am really thinking just to jump the stupid thing and bypass it so the check engine light will turn off.... what do you guys think and has anyone else had a problem with this? or have a schematic and could maybe help with the bypass?

oh yeah this is a 2000 EB 4WD with 5.4L and this seemed kinda technical doing a stock bypass but this may be in the wrong spot i am kinda new to the forum world

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you try and do a bypass you will get CRAPPY MILAGE AND POWER!

The computer uses the AIT to adjust the fuel and timing curves so if you bypass it you will either have issues in cold weather of not getting enough fuel, and in the summer you could actually be overfueling and spitting raw gas out the tail pipe.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Clardy, I would first try getting a new AIT sensor and seeing if that will help your problem. The sensor is cheap and easy to install. I would also do a once over of the wiring and look for any sharp bends in the wiring (this would indicate a broken wire, leading to a high indicated temp to the computer).

If you need more info, I will see what I can dig up for you. I don't have my normal assortment of technical info for the parts of your truck, but I am sure I can figure out what you are needing to know using other things that are available online.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
boy I hate to speculate so I'll list any causes I can think of. lets troubleshoot.

MAF is installed backward, the sensor on top of the MAF is mounted 180, It is still sucking hot air from the engine compartment (box installed improperly or not at all), twisted or broken wire, mis-connected wire, bad air fliter,
also try unhooking the Negative battery cable for about 10-15 minutes, hook it back up then start the truck and let it run at idle for about 10-15 so it can re-calibrate for the new airflow coming in, (if you haven't done the GOTT's mod give it a try, $20 and 45 minutes), during install an unseen connection was disrupted check all surrounding plugs for secure connections/tight wire crimps etc., vacuum hose??

those are all the things I can think of in that system that could fail for any reason, I think it's probably free to check them all yourself. before you guess at a sensor.

OP
OP
C

clardy

Reaction score
never got back after the replies thanks guys i ended up retiring that truck due to terminal cancer (rust) so i couldn't lift it but still have the parts so i will be trying again on the 99 i bought

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani