anybody using this Rancho QuickLIFT Quick-Strut RS999902

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the 2004 Ford Expedition 4x4 XLT.

I'm curious about these struts. they only provide 1.25" of suspension lift, which is fine, you can still add spacers, body lift, whatever works.

what I'm curious about, though, is that this strut only has 5" of stroke. It's my understanding the 2nd Gen expy has 9" of suspension travel... so what's the point of lifting it with anything at all that effectively cripples the suspension?
what am I missing here?

thanks for your time.
jg

bsutton1705

Reaction score
I was curious about these also but my question was do they reduce the towing capacity? My expy does not squat with the loads I pull now but I am afraid to try these and it end up squatting if these springs are softer.

the bus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They do not feel softer than stock imo. A little hard to get them in the purches since they are a little longer. And you will need an alignment afterwards. If you can wait to Sept/0ct they usually have a discount for shoctober event. If you are in the saltbelt, take the adjusters out and then pack them with grease.