Anyone got an aftermarket exhaust.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

that you are happy with sound wise, power wise and looks?

I had a blow-master catback on the 'ol '99 Expy but I think I want something a bit nicer for the '03. I am thinking of going with a custom true dual setup...but wanted to see what's out there now for aftermarket.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

nstyle

Reaction score
I should be getting my Gibson catback in this week. I am going from a factory exhaust with 100000 miles on it to this gibson. I will let you know how it works.
Everything I have read on the Gibsons has been positive regarding in cab sound and possible power increases (minimal most likely).
I want to say I read something on this forum about trouble running a dual exhaust (on the drivers side rear) because of the path being blocked. Not sure though.

OP
OP
G

Originally posted by nstyle
I should be getting my Gibson catback in this week. I am going from a factory exhaust with 100000 miles on it to this gibson. I will let you know how it works.
Everything I have read on the Gibsons has been positive regarding in cab sound and possible power increases (minimal most likely).
I want to say I read something on this forum about trouble running a dual exhaust (on the drivers side rear) because of the path being blocked. Not sure though.

Cool, thanks man let me know, cuz I was looking at Gibson too!

I looked under there and it would be tough to do a true dual out the back, but I was thinking of exiting earlier like before the rear wheels. I dunno....going to take my time on this one.

Deebo

Reaction score
I have a dual exhaust with the tips coming out behind the rear wheels. I had to lose the spare tire but I have AAA so to hell with the spare. It has a nice rumble to it and it'll get even better when I add headers.

nstyle

Reaction score
I have finally received my Gibson Single exhaust and installed it about 2 weeks ago. I absolutely love the sound this exhaust makes. When standing near the exhaust tip, it makes a nice low throaty noise, but unless you are listening for it, not too noticable.
When driving with the windows up, you can barely tell that it is there, it is louder than stock, but not much.
This has given the Expy that extra little sound that I was looking for without annoying me or people driving around me.
Definitely would recommend it.
The install only took 30 minutes to put it on. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to get the old exhaust off of the exit point from the cats. I finally used a grinding wheel and cut the 3 inches of overlap near the Y after the cats.

OP
OP
G

Borla Stainless Steel,Good Sound ,$750 Lifetime guarantee
"97 Expedition,KN,Slotted Rotors and HP pads,Bilstein Shocks,Pirelli Scorpion Z

EXMAN

Reaction score
I just got dual exhausts put on my 98 EB and they sound awesome! I went down to the local muffler shop and asked them if they could run a pipe to the drivers side behind the rear tire. He bent down and said...yeeep it'll cuast bout tree hundred and a half. I then asked him what kind of mufflers they install and unfortunately he said blowmasters. So I asked him, if I buy the muffler and the tips, could you run the pipes?...yeeep.

I've been doing some research and found that Gibson is the way to go. I ordered, from there web site, the Aluminized 3" in - (2) 2.5" out X 19" long muffler that Gibson uses for there Super Truck series and the SS Slash - 2.5'' x 3.5'' x1 2''. The bill came to just over $200 so there was no shipping costs. In a couple of days they were shipped and zoooom I was at the muffler shop. They ran the pipes just like they said and incredibly did a great job. Total cost of muffler, (2) tips and pipes run = $360

The only thing that got in the way of the drivers pipe was a wire that goes to the pumpkin (axle). A zip tie took care of that in a jiffy.

Anyway, what I am getting at is, yes it can be done and man it sounds freak'n great. A little bit of resonating in the cab, but as the old saying goes, you don't get something for nothing. Gas mileage went up a hair on the highway, but, stayed the same in the city and it seems to have more balls. I think the computer is still in shock and adjusting for the better flow it's getting.

Bensonfive-oh

Reaction score
One more question, what about the stock cat? Won't it rob horsepower even if using the Gibson exhaust or did you guys switch that out too?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday