Anyone Install a Locker?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Islander

Reaction score
I just put an ARB in my 2016 LE 2WD. It's 3.15 geared. No chance to really test it yet. Looking forward to getting stuck trying. Then I can use my Warne. :D

Tested today on some slick farm roads. Normally would blast through at high speed if at all. Rolling up I hit the compressor and the engage buttons (no speed limit on ARB locker engage/disengage). Tractored through at walking speed. so much fun I did it four times.

Feeling good about this expensive upgrade.
First Mud Puddle Crossing.jpg

Mike Islander

Reaction score
After a few months of driving in lots of mud, I came very close to getting stuck. It was in the same area as the above photo, but one that had an active drain running across the road after a huge rain. Hit the bog too slowly and finally had my locked rear end break loose. STUCK!

Wiggled forward and back and finally was able to back out, only to get stuck again entering a bit right of the original path. It looked far less slick, but I was stuck even more.

Aired down to 20 PSI (Michelin AT2 tires on rear) and was able to move a bit, but not much. Traction/stability control was pausing the engine, especially during reverse. This left me just at the edge of the berm in each direction instead of popping over or moving the berm.

Turned off Traction and Stability Control and was able to rock a bit then motor out! Note that you have to press the traction control icon for 5+ seconds to disable Traction AND Stability Control, which dramatically affects power delivery. Pressing button for less than 5 seconds only disables traction control, leaving the stability control babysitter to ruin your power delivery.

Disable-Traction-&-Stabilty-Control-Gen-3-Expedition.jpg

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you know if your expedition has limited slip or open? I bought a 13 that the guy claims has it but idk how to check

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not on my 2016. Two quick presses = standard TC on (off then on). Unless it is actually in sport mode but gives no indication. It says exactly the same thing as anytime I turn on TC from off.
Interesting! Our 2015 and 2017 did it. They were both 4x4 Limited's....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire