Anyone need a Belltech Sway Bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eluther3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok - here's the deal. I bought a sway bar for my 1997 expedition, but before I could install, the truck had some mechanical issues, meaning we either had to resolve the issues or sell the truck. Once those were resolved, I had some rotator cuff surgery which kept me from crawling under the truck.

I was finally able to crawl under the truck last week and I discovered I had ordered the wrong sway bar. Because of the delay I was well outside of the return period, so I'm stuck with a sway bar I can't use.

According to the manufacturer, this is for a 2003-2005 Expedition, Navigator or Explorer. I have it listed on Ebay for a starting price of $50, less than half of the retail price. It was never installed and is still in the original box.

If you are interested, here is the link to the ebay listing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202306104614?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I already have one or I'd jump on it. It's a nice upgrade from the stock sway bar and really helps the cornering handling. I would highly recommend it for a Gen 2 Expy.

-Mike

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heck of a deal. How bad is the install hamfisted? My underbody is rather rusted..

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The install is a piece of cake. Six bolts, and you can use an impact wrench on all of 'em . Takes an hour if you've never done it before. It comes with new bushings.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone offer any insight as to what changed on the 06, as well as why this wouldn't fit 07+ ?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Belltech 5550 will fit the '03-'06 Gen 2 Expies or Navs. The '07-'18 take a different bar.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't let the auction go for .99 a second time around.. Thanks for letting the forum know about the auction eluther, and sorry it didn't work out for your expy.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks!
I soaked the end links in Mopar penetrant about 4 times now, I give it a 50% chance they'll be toast on disassembly. Might take a stab at the swap tomorrow morning, probably kicking it off with breaking my deep-well 8mm on those end links. The expy rolled over 209,000 miles, and lived on gravel at least half it's life; the underbody and suspension are well worn..