Anyone with sad Sirius radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevinAT

Reaction score
I've had my 2010 Expo now for 1 year. Pretty pleased on all aspects. As an old school "sound system" guy, I was looking forward to this ride having the standard equipment of 6 disc CD as well as satellite radio. We bought this as a certified vehicle but the salesman claimed we didn't have a free trial with the Sirius. One month later, we start getting the Sirius offers for activation. I finally call them, and sure nuff, we have to activate the 3 month free trial for the final 2 months. Lot's of stuff to listen to, but Jeeze, the equalization is horrible. CD sounds normal for stock, FM sounds normal for stock, but the satellite is horrible. No matter the style of music. You can add bass and treble, but it's way off and compressed. The talk shows have terrible "S's". I can't see paying for it. I have been in other cars with satellite radio, and it's almost as good as CD/FM. Maybe a bad antenna connection or radio stage?
Anyone else with this experience?

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2012 and my Sirius sounds fine. sounds like something is messed up. maybe the Sirius box under the center console

synicasm

Reaction score
I TOTALLY agree with you. My GF has Sirus in her KIA optima and it sounds "Tinny" in my opinion. I would never pay for it. Regular Radio / MP3 and the likes sounds fine. She calls them every time her subscription is about to end and so far they have deeply discounted the service to keep her as a customer. I guess any customer is better than no customer. I dont recall the details but it was like a couple dollars a month opposed to the 14.99 / month they want to charge you.

I guess its good enough for her....

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really don't have an issue with mine. And after using it when driving to Az I'm really happy.

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never been happy with the audio level of Sirius satellite, in any of my cars. It is noticeably lower in volume level. And I'm here to tell you guys, it's across the board, and an issue with Sirius/XM, not the manufacturer. Altho, local radio sucks, and so I just continue to pay it...

OP
OP
K

KevinAT

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your opinions. Just got another offer from SiriusXM but I don't feel it's worth the price of admission. And I don't know if I'll look into asking the local Ford dealer for a test swap. Probably not doable. And my deductible for any repairs may not be worth it. So it will take over $100 to find out if the replaced sat receiver, offers any better "sound". I think it must really depend on the units in the vehicles. Other cars and trucks sound fine, mine is sub-par. More later!