Arizona Trip from Detroit with Navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Long story short, renting/picking up an open 20 foot car trailer today with my Expy Max. I am in the Detroit, MI area

A friend will then load 5 BMW/KTM Adventure bikes to drive to Arizona so we can ride the Arizona Backroad Discovery Route. Open Trailer is approx. 2,200 lbs, bikes appox 2,750 lbs, gear, and two passengers should be another approx. 1,000 lbs, He leaves Monday after thanksgiving and we ride starting Dec 1 for 5 days.

He will use his 18 Navigator Max to haul out there and back. Will post up Fuel Economy results. I am guessing an overall of 13, depending on speed, other care to get in the pool?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bigger pool is, when you stop for a night, how many bikes will be left on the trailer in the morning. And to that I say, what trailer?

Truck shouldn't even know that load is behind it. Drive right & I say overall 19.

I-94 to Chicago, then I-55 to St Louis, I-44 to OKC, I-40 to destination? If so, mid-Missouri, roughly Ft Leonard Lost in the Woods westward is flat and open as a can be. Should see 20+ from Springfield/Joplin to Arizona.

Sounds like a great adventure, enjoy it.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Idk, I’ve towed a 10 foot trailer with a canoe on top of the trailer and the mpg was around 13 or a little less. I’m sure the elevated canoe made the aero crap but idk about weight, it was maybe 2k with all my gear. I’m gonna guess 12.5 on your trip.

Will he be towing any off road? I’ve had mine off road a little but nothing crazy, curious how it does with gear and trailer off road.

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to Arizona
Used to be a snow bird from the midwest
Now a full time resident of Arizona
Lots of beautiful areas to ride in & great weather to boot
Hope you enjoy

OP
OP
P

proeasy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to Arizona
Used to be a snow bird from the midwest
Now a full time resident of Arizona
Lots of beautiful areas to ride in & great weather to boot
Hope you enjoy

Thanks, full disclosure, not my video, but a sampling of what we are in for, riding weather looks perfect, cool as we will be quite protected..