AVS in-channel window vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the in-channel window vents? I bought some AVS in-channel vents for my '18 Limited and, as I feared, I can't raise the windows without pulling the ventshade out so the glass gets by the plastic inserts. After I installed them, I didn't lower the windows for 5 days, hoping the heat would help conform the plastic in the channel - no luck.

On my '16 Explorer, I had the Ford brand exterior mount ventshades but hated the way they looked so I removed them and bought the in-channel type, never got around to installing them (they're in my garage, traded in the Explorer). I had an '08 Expedition Eddie Bauer and I used the in-channel ventshades on it with no issues.

In Arizona, it's really nice to leave all the windows cracked for the heat without worrying about sudden monsoon rains popping up allowing rain inside the car. I'm wondering if I remove the ventshades and grind down the edges of the plastic if that would allow the glass to slide by. Of course, by removing them, I'd have to replace the double-sided adhesive and that would be a PIA!

utmeep

Reaction score
I have them. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly. The part with no 3m tape needs to go in between the outside window trim and weather stripping. I have no issues.

OP
OP
D

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I'll have to check when I go out to the car. I thought I followed the instructions exactly but perhaps I missed something.

Matt Garrett

Reaction score
I'm actually looking to buy vent visors myself. Have always heard good things about AVS in channel. Are there any others that people recommend?

OP
OP
D

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
Utmeep, you were right! On all 4 ventshades, I had one end in incorrectly (the B pillar? Back of front windows, front of back windows). I was able to just pull the plastic tab out and put it in between the outer door frame and rubber gasket, now all 4 windows work. Thanks a lot!

OP
OP
D

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I'm actually looking to buy vent visors myself. Have always heard good things about AVS in channel. Are there any others that people recommend?
I was going to get the Weathertech but oddly, they only have front window sets, not sure why they don't have rear. I bought the molded Weathertech mudflaps and they're great. From AVS, I ordered the ventshades and a hood deflector. The hood deflector arrived in a smashed box, the deflector was broken, which was actually good, I accidentally ordered the tape-on type (no, I didn't intentionally break it!). AVS credited my card and I ordered the actual Ford Expedition deflector (which I didn't see in my first search). Ford only offers the ventshades in outside mount, tape-on which I definitely don't want. The AVS ventshades are low profile and look really nice and - when properly installed, as I did not!) work well!

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Post some pics of the final product. I have been thinking about getting a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk