AVS Low Profile Vent Visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My new Expy is due to arrive in a couple of weeks. I am interesting in installing the AVS low profile vent visors. From their web site I can't tell if they go in the window channel or tape on to the window frame.

The classics are tape on, but the low profile looks nicer (to me)

Does anyone have these? Got pics?

Background:
On my 2010 I had a bad experience with the in-channel style visors. Sometimes the window would hit the edge of the visor and stop. I am pretty sure it killed the driver's side regulator/motor. So I want to be SURE they are tape-ons before ordering.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my 2010 I had a bad experience with the in-channel style visors. Sometimes the window would hit the edge of the visor and stop. I am pretty sure it killed the driver's side regulator/motor. So I want to be SURE they are tape-ons before ordering.
I haven't seen the AVS, but to support your 'background' comments, I had in-channel visors on my Gen 3 Navigator and had to replace BOTH front window regulators/ motors during my time with it - I think you're onto something. The only other failures I had were running boards (no surprise), rear air suspension pump (no surprise), and some glitch in the wiring or socket of one particular tail light bulb that burned the bulb out ridiculously frequently.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got some for my nav, they are in channel. They look good, but i do have a problem. They are stick on, and atleasr for the nav, the room between window and channel is tight. As a result, my driver side visor slipped and set off channel, and the passenger side window bounces off the visor. I'm gonna try to use super glue and see if I can get em set further outward, but I doubt it'll do anything.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll never do in channel no matter the brand. Just a headache and frustration.

The AVS low profile on the F150 are nice looking and from what I've seen, good quality. Trade off being 3M tape on your exterior which some don't like.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll never do in channel no matter the brand. Just a headache and frustration.

The AVS low profile on the F150 are nice looking and from what I've seen, good quality. Trade off being 3M tape on your exterior which some don't like.

I'm with you that I will NEVER do in channel again. I had multiple problems and ended up needing to repair one window regulator/drive.

I'm not worried about the tape. I don't see any reason to remove the visors. If I did have to remove one (or one fell off) I would just replace it in the same tape spot.

Bonk

Reaction score
I’ve used AVs and they’re really trough edge finish. The ford oem stick on ones arrived today and look much better edge finish than any AVS I’ve used.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve used AVs and they’re really trough edge finish. The ford oem stick on ones arrived today and look much better edge finish than any AVS I’ve used.

Good to know.
Any chance you could post a couple pics?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also,bow much were the oems? If my windows keep bouncing, I may turn the ads ones in and get oems when I can.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also,bow much were the oems? If my windows keep bouncing, I may turn the ads ones in and get oems when I can.

On my 2010 Expy I had in channel visors. I had the bouncing problem and eventually the regulator on the window failed outright. If you have interference problems my $0.02 would be to return them before they hurt the truck.

<I am not a mechanic>