B&O radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Klisus

Reaction score
I'm new here. I purchased my 2018 Limited a couple weeks ago after my 2018 F150 was purchased back by as a lemon.
My stock f150 radio was 3x louder then them B&O stereo and I have to put it upt 26 to gain the same level sound as 15 in my f150 stock stereo and the B&O sub is almost non existent too
Any help would be great.

p.s. it's at the dealer getting the phasers fixed already lol

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah the radio is a joke IMO. I have questioned if the sub is even connected at all, but haven't gone back there while the system is sadly trying to reproduce what it can of music notes.bd1c88febba83ccd54d3de3d4e2b54f35ba00e13&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found this B&O system is underpowered and don't even get me ranting about when Sat radio is activated on the system - it sounds horrible. I feel you need to get it up past half way to even make any sensible feel out of it on Radio or connected to USB. I realize sound is very subjective, but the THX system in my 2014 MKT has far more presence than this one...

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I actually liked the b&o. It wasnt the thx in my navigator for overall sound, but it was way louder. I listened to my music using my phone(no streaming, downloaded music) and usb drive and never had a problem with volume. Actually, even at 12-14(sweet spot), passengers would ask me to turn it down. The bass isnt as strong as it could be. ive had a tahoe for a bit and that bose had higher bass, but the b&o was better overall with better clarity, distinction, and balance. The expy had one of the loudest systems ive hrd, way louder than my dads bose or meridian in his vehicles.

OP
OP
M

Michael Klisus

Reaction score
It's really bad! Even when I get a phone call I have to turn it to 30 to hear it decently clear and still gets drowned out by road noise. I understand the sub is not there to rattle the doors but figured I'd get some sort of a sense of bass. I don't hear it at all.
My f150 factory speakers are way louder and functional.
Yes I hate the satellite sound. It's horrible.
Is my amp bad in the system or is it just that soft.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe some people have hearing loss more than I do? This system is plenty loud. I don’t know what number I keep it on, but it can get loud enough to hurt my already damaged ears. Loud cars, heavy equipment, screamin* kids in my face, and worst of all was riding to high school with a guy who had 2 12s and an amp that required its own cooling fan. It was enough to start my day with a headache so I bailed on that deal after about a year. Just couldn’t take it anymore and the tinnitus I have sure wasn’t worth it.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's really bad! Even when I get a phone call I have to turn it to 30 to hear it decently clear and still gets drowned out by road noise. I understand the sub is not there to rattle the doors but figured I'd get some sort of a sense of bass. I don't hear it at all.

There is something wrong with your system. Seriously...if I turned mine up to 30 I’d be worried about permanent hearing loss.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score

If you phone is connected via Bluetooth, you may want to delete all bluetooth devices from the phone and pair it again. My wife had a similar issue with a different brand of car and that resolved it. Is it the same issue with other phones?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Im wit aggie, theres something wrong with your system. Phone volume is one thing, but If you cycled your audio through multiple media and it still sounds bad, its a problem. Its a mass produced truck so the premium sound may not be up to premium systems, but regardless its should still sound servicable and good enough to enjoi. If not, theres a problem.ot took me time to appreciate it, but after listenin to other systems after from different vehicles, the b&o is far from poor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire