B&O radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I just bought my '18 a few weeks ago and this system is more than plenty loud! At 20, the car is shaking, I had the bass set pretty high, just turned it down yesterday, it's too much! Only complaint is when the car reads text messages, can't hear them at all, phone calls are pretty faint as well, had to turn the volume up on my phone to max to hear.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought my '18 a few weeks ago and this system is more than plenty loud! At 20, the car is shaking, I had the bass set pretty high, just turned it down yesterday, it's too much! Only complaint is when the car reads text messages, can't hear them at all, phone calls are pretty faint as well, had to turn the volume up on my phone to max to hear.

I had this problem too, the great members on here helped me out, so I'll pass it on, get someone to text you a LONG message ( I had my wife text me all the things she loves about me!) and while it is reading the text, turn the volume up on the radio, which will increase the text volume. Hopefully that works for you!

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had a trip out today by myself so I did a little test. I hadn’t heard of b and o before I bought this and never considered the radio. I’m just not an audiophile so matters not to me. I did catch a review that said b and o isn’t typically found in this price of vehicle. Only in 100k and up stuff. I’m sure it’s not as good as at that price point, but it more than gets this job done. Remember too my ears aren’t super duper anyway.

8 is a typical city setting for me. Was on that when I pulled out.
10 seemed normal to me on the highway.
12 was approaching if not already obnoxious
17 was enough for me to turn it right back down

id have to take my ear protection with me to go higher. Kids would’ve been irate at the 17 point, probably no more than 15 would piss them off. They tend to get upset at loud stuff.

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the B&O compared to the systems I've had in other Fords, VWs, and Hondas. But the sound quality on satellite radio is simply awful; when I instead stream the same Satellite station from my phone to the sound system through USB, the quality is massively improved.

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B&O makes first class equipment have for years.
You guys know when you are listening to a message or making a phone call you just run the volume control up and that makes it louder, don't you?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am guessing those that are reporting the BO isn’t loud have a setting or there is an issue.

I will do some dB tests tonight when the wife gets home. But it is PLENTY loud at low numbers.

Let’s compare those to those having issues. I will pick a common song so we can duplicate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With my teenage daughter passenger she had the volume at 20, playing Spotify with an I-Phone, that was about as loud as I could tolerate. I think something is wrong with your stereo system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire