backup camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my ebay backup camera has 26 gauge wires...do they even sell that cuz i nee more to install this so it will connect to my rear lights...

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be honest - i used speaker wire. Not much current going through there - but I am not an electrician, electrical engineer or anything of the sort. But mine works fine. Good luck, Mike

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You can pick up some stranded bell wire at any hardware store, don't get the solid stuff -it breaks too easily.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used 12awg speaker wire and I just tapped into the reverse lights from the wires that run by the drivers door, I know its overkill just used it because it was laying around ill show pics if you want

Sent from space using taptalk

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes...send pics...cant believe you used speaker wire...wierd

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ross, did you hook this up already? I was just wondering what the quality of the picture is. Which kit did you buy as I saw on Ebay there was a crap load of them for sale.

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no i havent...between rain/job...havent found the time...still trying to figure out the best way to connect my 26 gauge wires from the camera...think i have to sod it to my extra wire then run it to my tails...never sod before...it wont be this weekend...4-day weekend so we heading to the mountains...maybe the saturday after that...or i'll attempt it the that friday afterwork...

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you get one of the cheaper cameras? I saw some for like $15 but I'm kind of cautious...

OP
OP
GAINMOB

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah i did...japan auction...$1...plus shipping...

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bh you find some interesting sites. i went and looked at the site. it gave me a headache trying to navigate it. btw how much was shipping from japan