Bad Battery in 2005 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
Clicking is a bad battery or dirty terminal
Went & bought a new battery, top of the line gold series...also the fuel pump driver module, terminal now red hot, humming noise even louder...im completely baffled & frazzled

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
Ye, that actually did a load test & determined it was bad from the start...

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok now with a fully charged battery this AM no lights, flashing security latern on top of dash, positive batt terminal getting extremely hot, clicking from around throttle body..Houston I've got a problem...this os new to me, 3rd exp in 20 yrs..

If your terminal is getting hot there is some resistance between the battery post and the terminal on the post(loose bolt, oxidation, etc) OR between the terminal and the wire (bad crimp, oxidation, etc. Either of these could also prevent the alternator from fully charging the battery and eventually cause battery to fail.
Have you taken your Expy to a PEP Boys, Autozone or Discount Auto to have them test it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
Yes sir, there was corrosion on the extension plate/tab from the positive post to the fuse cluster harness, not alot but enough to seperate the connection. In addition, there was a cluster of oxidation on the starter connection which was evidently from a bad battery that I replaced...THANKS for you info..lucky to have figured this out Sunday evening.

Wegner44

Reaction score
to eliminate corrosion, spray a coating of lithium grease onto the battery terminals and connections. You will never have corrosion issues ever again.