Bang & Olufsen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh that

There's your problem. ALL premium systems sound dull playing Sirius, because it is pretty old low tech, low bandwidth basic streaming.

Even Pandora over Bluetooth without HD mode will usually rip Sirius a new one

Hmm, interesting. So the stuff we pay extra for is of inferior quality... is it just me or have I heard this song before? :)

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B&O are an old highly respected manufacturer of high end stereo equipment they are as good as they come. Some people like 5k watts of bass pumping through 48" subwoofers,people like this are not audiophiles just noise nerds lol.the quality of the. Music going in does effect the quality going out.
My local stereo shop owners that sells and installs some high end stuff told me the B&O system was by far the best factory system out there.I believe that.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting. So the stuff we pay extra for is of inferior quality... is it just me or have I heard this song before? :)

It's like the "on-demand junk food delivery" of car audio.

Fairly convenient, scratches the itch, and works most places without having to adjust the channel dial.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The B&O is an improvement over the 15-17’ Sony imo. The 07-14’ Audiophile system that came on the Eddie Bauer, Limited, King Ranch beats out the B&O as far as I’m concerned.

THX in the Navigator beats them all out for sure. I will also give GM a shout out on their 00’-14’ Bose system, that sounded great when dialed in but in recent years like Ford the systems have went downhill.

Last edited:

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
B&O are an old highly respected manufacturer of high end stereo equipment they are as good as they come. Some people like 5k watts of bass pumping through 48" subwoofers,people like this are not audiophiles just noise nerds lol.the quality of the. Music going in does effect the quality going out.
My local stereo shop owners that sells and installs some high end stuff told me the B&O system was by far the best factory system out there.I believe that.

Huh? reputable among audiophiles? While there is a lot of controversy among audiophiles what is good, real, natural, true, realistic, sweet etc sound reproduction, I think one thing 99% of them share and that B&O looks good (not even in my opinion) and sounds really bad and is totally overpriced. Function follows form in their case...Of course a $10k B&O eclipses a $300 boom box but same system would be teared down by a carefully selected $1-3k system...but then again, people want convenience and "good" looks and don't know what a good system sounds like and hence fall for B&O.

Personally, I heard $500k systems which were not intriguing (not B&O) and I heard a $40k system (refurbished old tube amps with a Quad electrostat) which was absolutely top and was better than many systems two or four times its price....personally, btw, I have a 18w transistor amp with a single chassis horn with supravox chassis. Does not provide earth shattering base, but a clean mid and crips very fast, but not aggressive treble. Btw: my significant other hates the looks...lol...but for looks I buy a picture...haha). To each its own, but B&O is NOT a high-end audiophile system. Period. B&W may be.....;-)

PS: Having to do some research after my rand...and some audiophiles indeed like the Beolab 90 system for $85k (including amp and dac)....
http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2016/01/09/beolab-90-at-ces-2016/

to each its own....

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gentlemen!

Pull down your pants and whip out your tape measures!

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Huh? reputable among audiophiles? While there is a lot of controversy among audiophiles what is good, real, natural, true, realistic, sweet etc sound reproduction, I think one thing 99% of them share and that B&O looks good (not even in my opinion) and sounds really bad and is totally overpriced. Function follows form in their case...Of course a $10k B&O eclipses a $300 boom box but same system would be teared down by a carefully selected $1-3k system...but then again, people want convenience and "good" looks and don't know what a good system sounds like and hence fall for B&O.

Personally, I heard $500k systems which were not intriguing (not B&O) and I heard a $40k system (refurbished old tube amps with a Quad electrostat) which was absolutely top and was better than many systems two or four times its price....personally, btw, I have a 18w transistor amp with a single chassis horn with supravox chassis. Does not provide earth shattering base, but a clean mid and crips very fast, but not aggressive treble. Btw: my significant other hates the looks...lol...but for looks I buy a picture...haha). To each its own, but B&O is NOT a high-end audiophile system. Period. B&W may be.....;-)

PS: Having to do some research after my rand...and some audiophiles indeed like the Beolab 90 system for $85k (including amp and dac)....
http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2016/01/09/beolab-90-at-ces-2016/

to each its own....
Apparently reading comprehension isn't your area of expertise.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
Because of the Sirius sounding as bad as it does, we decided to not spend the money on the renewal and spend that money on unlimited data for our phones so we can stream decent music. It seemed like we were bouncing all over the Sirius channels just to find something we were wanting to listen too.

But our B&O systems sounds great I think!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker