Before and Afters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollingrock

Reaction score
Starting working on wife's EXP.

Before

1-061111184237-2783240.jpg

After

1-061111184245-27861968.jpg

I have the lower billet ready to go but I cannot seem to figure out how to install it without scratching the hell out of it. May leave it off.

also, we got the head rests finally done too. Kids are happy, which makes momma happy and we all know what that means.
1-071111142458-2788636.jpg

Last edited:

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the lower grill, I disconnected the rubber spash guard from underneath and laid on my back and connected it that way. It beat tearing apart the whole grill to get to the lower valance. Remembering correctly, it was a PITA. Try your best to get it on, so much of the lower radiator is exposed to possible rock punctures.
IMG_0471.jpg

OP
OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
For the lower grill, I disconnected the rubber spash guard from underneath and laid on my back and connected it that way. It beat tearing apart the whole grill to get to the lower valance. Remembering correctly, it was a PITA. Try your best to get it on, so much of the lower radiator is exposed to possible rock punctures.
IMG_0471.jpg

Not sure if we got the same grill system. can you shoot a close up of yours and does it flt flush inside or does it stick out a little?

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine fits fairly flush with the valance opening. It connects via the center plastic strip running in the middle using 2 hooks and a phillips screws. Here's the best shots I have...
IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

Don't know if that really helps at all

OP
OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
Mine fits fairly flush with the valance opening. It connects via the center plastic strip running in the middle using 2 hooks and a phillips screws. Here's the best shots I have...
IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0487.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

Don't know if that really helps at all

you're a rock star man...nice use of light so I could see the screws in there.

That is very helpful, I gotta do some thinking and looking on this one. I think mine is a ilttle different. THe shorter screws wouldn't reach to the back of the lip using the clips so I need to probably take two out of another part and swap those screws out.

gonna play with it later tonight (insert joke there)

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always feels good to help another Texan out. Couldn't help but notice the Grapevine plate, I'm on the Dallas side..

OP
OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
Always feels good to help another Texan out. Couldn't help but notice the Grapevine plate, I'm on the Dallas side..

Ok, got it all worked out. Was able to swap a few screws from other parts and use the longer ones to get the hook brackets over the middle lip. It didn't cinch up like I thought it would and I didn't want to bear down on it to break that part. I think it will be fine and as of right now, no billet bars are touching any paint.

yuppers we are in the Keller area. I commute to Plano a few times per week.

I've frequent a few other forums and you may know me on some, I go by the same screen name. I also run two forums. Fun times

Thanks again for your help.

I love these things, so many mods you can do.

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, be gentle on the middle plastic. No need to bear down, it will show signs of stress. I installed mine back in 2008 and haven't touched the screws yet and don't plan to. Everything has stayed in place so far without issue.

Now you need to add one last pic of the finished product!

Over here in Wylie if you're ever looking to do a mobile detail of mine!!

OP
OP
R

rollingrock

Reaction score
Yes, be gentle on the middle plastic. No need to bear down, it will show signs of stress. I installed mine back in 2008 and haven't touched the screws yet and don't plan to. Everything has stayed in place so far without issue.

Now you need to add one last pic of the finished product!

Over here in Wylie if you're ever looking to do a mobile detail of mine!!

Roger that, I got it "snug" and will go with that. My wife was helping and she said I have it too tight....you know us guys...get a bigger hammer.

As for mobile details, yeah I don't do that. What I do is mostly restoration and show/auction work. It's not a job for me its more of a curse. I limit my fixes to what I can do time wise. I travel with my job so its rare when I am home. Most of my fixes are 24-48 hours long so people usualy bring them to me. Sadly, most of my jobs are fixes of other "pro" detailers. Someone gets suckered on a 100.0 job and they break out the rotary and go to town with a wool pad and destroy the paint. You know the ones I am talking about...on a bright sunny day, look around you at stop lights and you can spot the cars with buffer trails, spider webbing, holograms. Sadly, I see a lot of black cars and more sadly, Expeditions have a lot of real estate and thus take a LONG time to work on and the result is, it costs a lot of money for me to touch them.

to give you an idea...here is one I fixed.

See the buffer trails?
1_11_10_09_5_23_56_5.jpg

See any now?
1_31_10_09_11_58_28_3.jpg

To brag a little... (giggle)
Same car, the hood

1_31_10_09_11_55_55_2.jpg

Here is another

1_16_09_09_11_39_53_0.jpg

1_16_09_09_11_39_55_2.jpg

Same truck as above
1_16_09_09_11_39_58_4.jpg

Now I am just showing off... :)
1_10_07_11_9_37_33_2666766.jpg

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hey, I knew I recognized that screen name. Guess I missed your first post in the other section. Welcome :)