Best CD-R disks for MP3 stereo in an 07?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The factory radio in my 07 EL is a bit flaky when it comes to playing MP3 of CD-R. Sometimes it plays a disc just fine. Some times it plays a few tracks then says it's a bad disc. Sometimes it will reject the disc outright.

And it'll do all of that *with the same disc* at different times.

Does it work with CD-RW? I finally found some CD-RW disks with a record speed higher than 4x! Snagged an unopened five pack of 12x at a thrift store for a couple of bucks.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had problems with using home recorded CD's with music if I put a paper label in them. I had one get stuck. So now it's just a black marker. All my cd'r's play just fine. 2017 Ford Expedition Limited.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but do you guys know if the better cdr disc's hold up better than the cheapie 50 pack ones? They never go more than a year without getting all scratched up, and unplayable. The cdr ones are expensive, but if they last, that's ok.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but do you guys know if the better cdr disc's hold up better than the cheapie 50 pack ones? They never go more than a year without getting all scratched up, and unplayable. The cdr ones are expensive, but if they last, that's ok.

I gave up on the cheapie 50 packs. The quality just wasn't there. I marked it down to "You get what You pay for" and moved on. I'm totally digital now and not looking back .
iimagine

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What blank discs do you buy? I've got a real nice dual disc pro studio recorder. Let me know guys what blanks to buy.

iimagine

2016 EL XLT
Reaction score
What blank discs do you buy? I've got a real nice dual disc pro studio recorder. Let me know guys what blanks to buy.

I've gone totally digital and stream everything from my phone these days since it's with me everywhere I go. No commercials or talk while driving for me.
iimagine.

OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It also has a 3.5mm line in jack. I could even go BlueTooth by making a stubby patch cord to connect a Blackerry Bluetooth audio receiver to the line in, but it also needs a Mini USB cord for power.

Could be the disc drive just needs its laser lens cleaned.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven’t burned a music CD in like.... gosh..... 12 years? Maybe longer.

Couldn’t tell you when the last time my phone skipped while playing music.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tom, I'm old school. I just came off of recording albums onto cassette, then CD. Don't make me go to the next step. At my age I've learned about as much as I want to! Learning about these 3rd and 4th Editions tax my old brain! If I start recording total digital, I'll lose part of my diagnostic brain for you guys!

OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A Vietnam Veteran friend of mine has been digitizing tapes and records for about a decade. He has a shelf with a row of external hard drives full of MP3 files. He's been looking for someone to continue it because he's getting macular degeneration, the 'dry' type there's no treatment for.

Nothing to fear from digital music. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnorman