Best place to buy tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Machete

My Rig. 2000 EB 4x4 5.4L
Reaction score
Brakes done. Now tires. Want Michelin’s but not sure I trust retail tire giants.
Any suggestions?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I researched this extensively years ago when I bought my first set at Sam's and kept coming across conflicting answers. One person would say they're identical and another would say they're not ... round and round. The Michelin rep I spoke to via email said they are the same. I don't know the actual answer, but I've been with the LTX series through 3 sets now and have been pretty happy with them. Actually, outside of mediocre snow performance, they've been fantastic (handling, ride, wear, etc.).

Bob Dobalena

Reaction score
I am running a set of Mickey Thompsons on my 1999 Ford Expedition. Been the best set of tires I have ever owned (Of course now that I am older, I keep them rotated). Discount Tires has them for $800.00.

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have had good luck purchasing new take offs from people wanting bigger tires, just watch the DOT date codes. Last two digits of code are the year. Picked up a set before I needed them and they only had couple hundred miles on them. Retired now so have time to do this, also have my own tire machine I purchased from a closed shop.