Best spray on/wipe off wax for a novice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know its not a spray on. But I use Black Magic Wet Shine, and to get the other out of the way

Black Magic Wheel, Black Magic Tire, Black Magic Inteior, Black Magic Window cleaner.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i swear by black magic tire gel...through rain...my tires stay glossed!!!

Captain Morgan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To get the dirt out of tires I use Castrol Cleanup spray then powerwash.

To make tires black black I used Forever Black Tire Gel.

To keep them clean or shiny I use Black Magic Tire Gel, or a pleathora of other products, such as Maguiars Tire shine, etc.

Dressings are no good if the product doesnt dry nearly instantly, as any dirt or debris will then stick to it. Those coatings won't survive logging roads, but can help keep some of the dirt and mud from getting embedded in the pores. In that case it's not about looking fly in the woods, but about prevention.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i swear by black magic tire gel...through rain...my tires stay glossed!!!

This. Its GREAT stuff just use it sparingly, just enough, or else it will splatter around when your tires start spinning!

Exia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This. Its GREAT stuff just use it sparingly, just enough, or else it will splatter around when your tires start spinning!

Thats why you wait 15 to 20m before you drive.. Best advice for that do the rim/tires first than work on your interior/exterior by the time you get that done tires are dry, and no splatter...

Also I have heard that NxT spray on wax is good but also very costly around 15 to 20 bucks

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've been using it for 2yrs now...you can over do it as long as you're using the applicator...

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats why you wait 15 to 20m before you drive.. Best advice for that do the rim/tires first than work on your interior/exterior by the time you get that done tires are dry, and no splatter...

I do my rims last...but waiting 10-15 mins does help...I clean at home so its no prob for me

GWK1

Reaction score
After purchasing our second trailer last year, the dealer put me onto a product he recommended for the trailer, but I have used it on my vehicles and especially like how easily it wipes off with no dust or oily finish. The shine is brilliant and I apply to everything - as indicated on the labeling. It's not cheap, but I think it's worth the price. Protect All.